• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server People cannot connect

mallic

Nov 17, 2009
I forwarded all the ports and my server is visible on the main list, yet when people try to connect, it just stays at the connecting to server screen. Does anyone know why this might happed? I am using a fairly normal config and the only thing I changed on it was the server name. All of the crucial things needed to boot the server (game length, difficulty, map, vac) are done through the startup command line.

The only thing I did on the ports is instead of doing all individual ports tcp or udp, I forwarded them as both to save entries on my router. I also used port range for 7707-7717

Last edited:
check to make sure you have completely updated the server code, sometimes you need to run the hlds update tool more than once to get your server fully up to date. if all else is working right then sounds like it could be version mismatch, when you look at your server details in the browser it should say v1010 as of now.

otherwise keep an eye on the ucc output when players try to get in, you would see the network activity for each player as they connect. 3 events will be logged for each player when they make a successful connection:

>Open myLevel <date> <time> <ip: port>
>STEAMAUTH : Accepted Client : <steamID>
>New Player <username> <steamID>

any deviation from this process could give you a clue to what might be preventing players from connecting.

Upvote 0
Update:

It does not show anything when someone tries to connect, it just idles at connecting. And while I see it on the internet list (my router allows redundancy) I cannot connect unless I go through the lan. Here is my start up console:

C:\steamsrv2\system>ucc server KF-westlondon.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecure
d=true?MaxPlayers=6
Browse: KF-westlondon.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lew
is?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 55836->55834; refs: 705320
Game class is 'KFGameType'
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level KF-westlondon.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 16.552000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (HW_Plane) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
(Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-westlondon.KFLevelRules0
Game length = 0
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Webserver is not enabled. Set bEnabled to True in Advanced Options.
KFDoorMover KF-westlondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
y:0214) Multiple triggers found!
KFDoorMover KF-westlondon.KFDoorMover16 (Function KFMod.KFDoorMover.PostBeginPla
Resolving tripwireinteractive.com...
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.174)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7718 successfully bound.
Resolved tripwireinteractive.com (69.31.134.234)
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - Seventh Death Squad KF 0 | 6
STEAMAUTH : Connected to Steam Servers
STEAMAUTH : VAC Security Enabled
STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled
Adding master server 72.165.61.151:27013
Adding master server 72.165.61.136:27013

Upvote 0