• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over a week in - Things we love and things we hate?

map design, it used to be welding floor in KF1, now you no longer able to keep
welding doors and defense 1 entrance only

I never thought this was a bad thing and I was honestly surprised to hear that welding doors as a gameplay strategy was gimped. It was actually pretty fun to do because players had to manage welding doors while keeping the specimens at bay (mostly referring to the corridor in bioticslab in KF1). If the players couldn't keep the doors shut due to poor communication, or otherwise, then they would have to deal with specimens coming from all angles which would then make the wave more interesting.

Of course I'm biased because my preferred play style in KF1 is camping unless **** hits the fan or I'm the last man standing. Though it appears to me that KF1 vets are used to this.

Upvote 0
I love the weapon feedback and directional melee , very fun and I enjoy uppercutting crawlers in flight.

Love the commando in general: never interested in him in KF1 but automatic weapons fit this game beautifully.

Hate the berserker's current state. Hoping he gets an extreme makeover!
Speaking of which I love the hammer. I love to drop the hammer.

Hate the perk skills, feel kinda limp. I love leveling in games and look forward to skills, but in this i feel nada about it. No spark. Level 25 skills are far too situational to be "champion" level skills. I want something I could use in a real fight, against any enemies I choose!

Hate the flamethrower graphics. It's small and a low priority, but it's a big thing to me. I plan to get a lot of hours in with firebug, and I want to spend my hours looking at something pretty and powerful feeling!

That's me done!

Upvote 0
Hate the flamethrower graphics. It's small and a low priority, but it's a big thing to me. I plan to get a lot of hours in with firebug, and I want to spend my hours looking at something pretty and powerful feeling!

I agree on that one. What I like about KF1 is that fuel actually looks like ignited liquid, not some pressured gas/propane/other BS you see in every game that has flamers. Plus, it's implemented terribly.

Upvote 0
I agree on that one. What I like about KF1 is that fuel actually looks like ignited liquid, not some pressured gas/propane/other BS you see in every game that has flamers. Plus, it's implemented terribly.

Oh what we have "behaves" like a liquid model, the frame of the projectile has a similar range and behaviour to one definitely. It's just the aesthetic, how the special effects look and how static they are. That alone makes it feel like a gas one I'd agree.

I'm also adding that I love sprinting zeds! I'd like to see a mutator where everything sprints regardless of difficulty.

Upvote 0
Like :

Support feel strong damn aa12s and double barrel

Commando : Under appreciated class when you have good commandos your flanks are covered pesky trash zeds are easily cleared.

Hate

Berzeker are useless when i see some one play berzerker I always thought of some one as extra weight.

M4 combat shotgun feels underpowered for some reason rather use the double barrel shotgun.

Upvote 0
Love:
  • Graphics
  • Controls
  • Animations
  • Weapon Sounds
  • GUI
  • More in depth use of weapons

Hate:
  • Teleporting Tubbies
  • Intro growl for FP
  • Weak FP
  • Too few zeds
  • Weak trash
  • Hanz unstoppable healing. We should be able to counter that somehow like in the first game boss. There should be no "Invincible" moments for him.
  • Certain areas are too campy. Hardly ever see the rest of the map.

Middle Ground:
  • Levels are just ok, nothing exciting
  • Weapon selection is limited but thats understandable
  • Characters need more voices & dialog
  • Trader stations are kind of boring. Liked the old way better. Also liked the old dialog better too. Dont hate it but not fond of it.
  • Doors that are broken for good. Not sure how I feel about this. Perhaps I would like it more if there was no teleporting.

Upvote 0
In the shortest list I can manage:

Love:
Player banter/characters.
Improved graphics.
Improved melee combat.
Gun animations.
Zed animations.
Perk skills.
New maps.
New music.
Sprinting.
Slashers and Cysts.
Hanns boss (for the most part)
Gore system.
Improved Medic class.

Hate:
Teleporting zeds.
Scrake/Fleshpound announcement roars.
Zeds don't talk anymore.
Scrakes more threatening than Fleshpounds.
Mr. Foster is too grumpy.
"Looks like a toy, Kicks like a mule!"
Commando and Beserker feel underpowered.
Sirens too tanky.
Hanns' gas attack.
Lack of Mark Hayler and Alan Wilson voice actors.
Everything feels too "serious" vs old game.
Zeds all sound the same.

Upvote 0
I know there's a lot of hate for what is perceived as consoly features such as heal darts auto aim, clot grab camera turn, but I've actually come to terms with both of them. I feel they're fine for the fast pace of KF2 and don't detract from the game at all.

I love the gore, love Hans, love the threat some of the old zeds represent now (bloats and stalkers especially). The gun and weapon check animations still give me a hard on, I CANNOT get enough of spamming that R button. :D

I do detest the current AA-12 spam meta for fleshpounds and scrakes though, but I chalk that up to only having four perks.

Teleporting zeds are an annoyance as well. Voice wheel and voice commands needs a old school numbered menu option with some integral commands added (thank you, run, hold, etc).

Overall the game is very clean and polished though, and I look forward to coming major updates with more perks so we can really start offering some constructive balance feedback.

Upvote 0
I like it for the most part. My favorite part is the enemies popping when shooting them with the shotguns. As for what I dislike

hate:
class balance need to a deep rework, currently, berserker are not very useful, medic have about the same cleaning ability as commando, AA12 is the only damage output, doublebarrel is a joke, perks are not balance

XP and dosh earning ability, healing give trash XP and dosh, share XP and dosh earn with-in a region would promote more team work

Upvote 0
Hate:
- Auto turn around when grabbed by a Clot... seriously annoying
- Support players not using Supplier skill (there should be an indicator or something)
- UP Berserker
- UP Boomstick
- The fact that changing map on dedicated server will always kick all the players
- No reload canceling

Love:
- Graphics
- Performance
- Gameplay
- Actually everything i didn't list above

Upvote 0
Love:
Feels like killing floor but better in every way. KF with more gore, better visuals, better gunplay, less buggy.

Hate:
Too much talking and its mostly lame stfu pls, xbox menu is useless (quick chat menu), no anti-aliasing options (FXAA is not aa despite the name), leveling is too fast, berserker got wrekt, trader should stop telling us what to buy.

Upvote 0

• Zeds are unique. Every zed type has it's dangerous attacks and special abilities.
  • In KF2, the mutants are ZEDS, not zombies unlike in KF1.
  • A bit more co-op focused than in KF1
  • Visual welding status in blue "slime"
  • gun p0rn
  • gore
  • individual voices for all characters
  • accents (but they are not sufficient)
  • DOSH currency! hell yeah n*
  • highly detailed tripwire made maps
  • taunts with some weapons
  • zYnthetic and demon hunter
  • Steam related game
  • a fair price and no region play locks so far
  • Advanced zed times
  • skills for perks to choose. That was really missed and in KF2 it's present ;)
  • perk based grenades and melee "knife" weapons (not CS:GO b*†hc)
  • scrakes and fleshpounds scream when they appear
  • parry ability and sprinting
  • homing darts (well, even with it it is hard to heal dancing toss pots)
  • "partial" reload animation, when the mag isnt empty
H8

• No insult players
  • No thanks/sorry/help/directions voice commands
  • the benchmarking isn't quite matching. I have a system at the edge of recommended specs for KF2, yet it runs about at 35 FPS on 1080p on high. I hope there is still some optimizations going on.
  • Some characters from KF1 and the patriarch should be in KF2 too.
  • No insult players
  • the berserker is somewhat underpowered, the scrake a bit too strong, the siren too durable and the weapons could use better and more realistically gunfire sounds effects with equalizers for each area.
  • Music player is clientside, each client has different music running. But that's just my little deal.
  • 5 years have passed and you still cannot kill the floor
  • analogically the floor cannot kill you either
  • no insult players
  • day 0 DLC aka digital deluxe. Well you still spend more money on the base game but I dont mind supporting tripwire, showing love for the community.
  • teleporting zeds ---> get rekkt b*†hc, gg, tableflip #*@!
  • the scrake aint creepy. in KF1 he was creepy!
  • no insult players
  • cyst,clot,slasher grab aimbot
  • reload animation is out of working state, switching a bit too early and you have to fully reload again
  • trader compass. in KF1 the arrow is WAY better and orienting.
  • zeds do not talk anymore :( ?
  • no insult players
  • (only so far as Early access) no kickvote or mapvote option
  • the katana was a berserker weapons in KF1. I dont get what makes it a non-berserker weapon in KF2! at least it should be a bi-perk weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
<3:
  • The zeds teleporting in front of you if you attempt to kite them.
  • Zeds becoming more dangerous with difficulty instead of getting more HP.
  • Many other things, but pats on the back wont make a game better.
</3:
  • Voice frequency.
    Characters speak so often they cut themselves off in order to talk more. There is an option to disable almost all voices, but I would prefer and suggest a slider of percent frequency. This would suit people's different preferences and shouldn't impact gameplay. Personally, I'd want voices to behave like in Halo 2, where I can boot it up today and still hear lines I haven't heard before.
  • Player health bars.
    It's impossible to shoot anything with accuracy past a doorway where two berserkers are camping. I tweaked an ini in KF1 to turn off all HUD elements when aiming and I might have to look into that again unless a patch addresses this.
  • Weapons not getting ammo until reload animation has completed.
    Do I really have to wait until the character fully points the gun forward to have the reload count?
  • Weapon switch speed.
    It feels more beneficial to just reload than to swap weapons.
  • All the berserker hate.
    I haven't seen many people explain why they think he's underpowered, but they probably feel he's worthless in part bc it's so easy to circle strafe scrakes. With all the effort put into a stumble system I'm willing to bet taking advantage of the scrakes slow turning speed was unintentional and a patch will address it soon. If that happens, who are you gonna call?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love
Medic Homing Darts (and everybody on the team buying a medic pistol in later waves and healing eachother especially during Hans fight)
Slasher Clots (and how they sometimes dodge/sprint right past you to try and get you from behind)
3-D Glasses

Hate
Zed teleportation (cheap and lazy tactic in its current state)
Cyst Clots (Clots were already the weakest enemy, we didn't need a weaker version of them, makes me feel like I'm fighting a zombie baby the way it just topples over and lays on the floor for a while)
Getting stuck to stuff (the environment and the zeds who aren't supposed to grab you both feel very sticky when you are touching them)

Upvote 0
Love:
-Leveling up in general is better, although some classes could be slightly improved (Support never welds so the only way to level up is by shooting).
-Commando is better than he was in KF1.
-Maps design is improved.
-Lightnings getting broken over time.

Hate:
-Teleporting zeds. The developers wanted kiting to become the most popular playstyle, but this completely kills kiting. When playing solo you will just get surrounded easily, when playing online you will be forced to move away from your team as the fleshpound that was behind you is now in your face.
-Welding becoming useless, most notably how doors have hidden HP that cant be repaired. I get it that they wanted to make people camp less but this isn't the correct way to do things. Camping already have received multiple nerfs, such as lightnings going out from sirens and grenades, teleporting zeds making them spawn closer, and once doors are broken they are forever gone. This just encourages people to camp in outside spots instead of staying inside, and it removes a big part of the support perk. the hidden HP should be removed, but the door remains gone forever if its broken once.
-Scrake and Fleshpound screams removing the tension of seeing them yourself.
-Scrake having too much HP. There is simply too many scrakes spawning and they have too much health that you are forced to waste all your ammo on then and then searching the map for ammo, which is really annoying and boring.
-Fleshpounds becoming bullet sponges instead of murdering machines. Back in KF1 when you saw a fleshpound you knew that if he gets close to your camping spot that someone will certainly die, but now you can let him hit you forever while the medic is healing you and you won't die. His rage mechanic doesn't help either, as he rages periodically (Which is unfair in higher difficulties as you have no way to deal with their rage) and his movement is too slow. He just doesn't feel as terrifying as the old fleshpound who you wanted to avoid eye contact with at all costs and once he raged you knew you are screwed unless you focus him down fast.
-Clot grab mechanic is annoying and disorienting. I don't mind buffing clots so they become slightly more dangerous but everyone I know agrees that this is obnoxious.
-Hans needs some kind of a rework. Too many people die to him because understanding how he works is too complex and there is no clear way to understand it aside from other people telling you. Being forced to feed him your health is a poor game design.

Upvote 0