• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Something occurs to me: if we are adding the extra players because of new server hardware...why not add round penetration as an extra server option as well? 32 players with penetration would be fine by me.
Oooh sounds like a good idea to me, although its way to late into this patch cycle to make it in by next patch. However, 32 players might be pushing it to far, doing penetration calcs on top of the ballistic calcs for a lot of guns going off at once could be more cpu intensive for the server than having more players with no penetration calcs. I honestly don't know, but I do hope this at least opens the door for the consideration of adding penetration.

Upvote 0
The 64 player limit is nice, and it will help the 'empty' feeling that some maps have. But I have to wonder if the way RO does MP if it will be able to handle it - I assume they have thought of this (performance has improved since the first version, but it still has some lag hiccups as well as slowdowns when you have more than 15 people on the screen at once - I have a high end system and other MP games are fine, cept for RO)

My only complaint (I'll live) is the lack of the Nagant 1895. In my reenacting, the Nagant 1895 is my 'captured' Soviet handgun I keep on my waist :p So I have a soft spot for it.

Upvote 0
No, it's not. Although it features some maps that were in that contest map pack. There's been alot of work on the maps since that time I must add though.

So, should I uninstall the previous pack before installing this one, or it automatically updates where needed. (btw, there's an 'uninstall' for the previous pack). Do you know what's changed, is there a list of changes? Thanks

Upvote 0
Does that mean they are modifying the maps from the contest?

Yes. After the contest TWI selected about 10 maps to be released in this upcoming patch. Each map has had work done on them, mostly by the mapper. Along the way TWI has given suggestions and even direct help to get them up to par with the official maps. Expect to see the patch soon! :cool:

Upvote 0