• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Options to split multiple controls from one key.

This is a serious thing in my opinion. I don't know how many times myself and fellow squad mates have died because they needed to bandage themselves but instead went into cover. You'll see soldiers going in and out of cover and then bleed to death.

Seeing as how any wall you're near you can hug, this makes bandaging a huge hassle. Also, the same for giving a MGer ammo. Try to give him ammo? Cover. Also, picking up weapons instead of bandaging. It's very very annoying.

Reactions: DIVZ and NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
I see why it was done, also why some like it. Still the option to set them to separate keys would be great.

Yup, nothing wrong with having the system, and i'm sure some players will like it, and they can even leave it as the default bind.

But just provide the option to sepperate them aswell, this is a PC game, we've got 103/108 keys on our keyboard and atleast 3/5 on our mice, customizable controls are your freind.

And the same is true of toggle versus hold keys, some people like toggles for things, some people would rather have hold keys, and there's nothing wrong with providing both options, customizable binds are happy binds.

Reactions: Zetsumei
Upvote 0
Also 100% agree with OP. I would especially like the zoom/sprint buttons separate.

My button set-up in RO1 was logical/efficient in that if I have to take my finger off the fire button to press another button, I'd prefer that button to be a function that I can't do while firing anyways. Hence, I sprint using my mouse wheel tilt. Having zoom on the same key screws all this up, since I would need to have the ability to fire while using the zoom (and hence, sprint) key.

I don't understand why Tripwire would design the controls in a way which the original RO1 fans can't play RO2 in the same manner. Don't even get me started with the lean-while-strafing issue.

Upvote 0
hi, thx to flanker15 who has redirect me here
During a game on fallen, i ve been hit while i was near a wall. I immediatly push healing/cover/jump (sry forgot the name for this) but i don t heal myself, i get cover behind the wall, so i push again the key it has just uncover me, in stress i re push again and recover me -_- and just after i die because of bleeding
so i think too that we have to separate them

Last edited:
Upvote 0