• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 Teaser Trailer

I dont get it!

This is the real sequel to OFP? What about Armed Assault??

Armed Assault is the sweetholder for Bohemia's 'biggest project', previously only known as Game2, now known as ArmA2. (wich are the spiritual follow-up games to the original OFP, but only spiritual as Codemasters owns the original franchise)

Codemasters had the rights to the name of the franchise, and so they have the right of making a sequal.
So OFP2 will be a sequal to OFP1 but it wont be 'official' in a way since it's not from original creators.

For some reason i can smell the Codemasters team applying Ghost Recon 2 bull****, it had koreans in it but it smelled.

Upvote 0
FINALLY.

From what CM's been saying, it sounds like they do NOT intend to dumb the game down at all.

I can't wait. ArmA was a huge dissapointment.

Predictably, you won't be assuming the role of a soldier from Russia or China. Rather, you'll be part of a "small US military presence" attempting to protect the interests of major oil companies that have set up shop in the region. You'll be fighting alongside the Russians in that capacity, and although it's easy to refer to Operation Flashpoint 2 as a "squad-based" shooter, it'll be large armies that clash on the game's 200-plus-square-kilometer battlefield, not squads. As in the original game, you'll get to assume the roles of a number of different characters while playing through the single-player game, but Codemasters isn't talking about any of the specifics just yet, save for the fact that you'll get to command other soldiers only after proving your worth as a grunt in earlier missions.

Upvote 0
The animations are motion captured. It's quite painful that people are so conditioned to bad animations that when an exact replication of a real human movement comes along, they think it looks wrong.

I'm also not sure where you're going with the colour scheme? Looks like the outdoors to me...

ArmA certainly has its share problems (perhaps more than its share), but I wouldn't list those two among them.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me? ArmA's animations are among the best there are. The "walk with gun pointed forwards" looks especially real.

OFP's though, now those were craptastic.

Bland colour scheme? Funny, my ArmA looks very colourful. OFP on the other hand looks rather depressing with its grayish and brownish look to it. Gotta love people knocking down on a game for the wrong reasons :rolleyes:

I do know that the co-op (with mates on TS) is great! :D

Anyway like SiC said, I guess OFP does the singleplayer better, but ArmA has better multiplayer (joint in progress anyone?). The flight model is a lot better in ArmA too.

I doubt ArmA2 will be much of an improvement over ArmA. Looks more like an addon.

Upvote 0
The only places Arma fall down are the bugs and the bad enemy AI. Otherwise the game rocks and I look forward to BIS's new product.

I will also reiterate from the Stalker thread, that Stalker recreated on the scale of Arma's Sahrani would be pure gaming crack and GOTD.

Amazing that the Eastern Europeans are the ones coming out with the most exciting and innovative games. Just squash those bugs. BIS and GSC should collaborate, too bad about the language barrier.

Upvote 0
well they aren't really THAT awful, I think it has better anims than RO tbh, but they still don't look very convincing to me. For example the crouch walk looks so unnatural it breaks the immersion for me.

Anyways, ArmA2 will have more industrial look a bit similar to stalker, and the AI seems much improved. And HINDS!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I repeat, all the animations were motion captured. I see a lot of people complain about the crouch walk, but the fact of the matter is that in order to get it, someone had to really do it. It's not actually unnatural or impossible.

Xendance is right about the transitions, but not for the right reasons I suspect. It's not that the transitions are dodgy - they're perfect in fact. You never see a part of a player warp or do anything other than more fluidly from one place to another. The problem is that in order to do that, they have to always return to a neutral stance before starting the next animation. This results in unnecessary and strange pauses, glitches and jerks. I know why they're there and I'm sure they won't be forever, but to fix it would be quite difficult and time consuming, so it's a question of whether they can spare the manpower.

As a side note, fixing that up would improve CQB out of sight and that's an area that desperately needs a touch up.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me? ArmA's animations are among the best there are. The "walk with gun pointed forwards" looks especially real.

OFP's though, now those were craptastic.

Bland colour scheme? Funny, my ArmA looks very colourful. OFP on the other hand looks rather depressing with its grayish and brownish look to it. Gotta love people knocking down on a game for the wrong reasons :rolleyes:

I do know that the co-op (with mates on TS) is great! :D

Anyway like SiC said, I guess OFP does the singleplayer better, but ArmA has better multiplayer (joint in progress anyone?). The flight model is a lot better in ArmA too.

I doubt ArmA2 will be much of an improvement over ArmA. Looks more like an addon.

Meh, OFP still rocks more :)

Upvote 0
Also, the color scheme in it is kinda bland.
I had to laugh here.

You think this is bland?:

84579693lu4.jpg

2amm1.jpg

1apd1.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes, because everybody has a ultra gfx card.

The biggest gripe for me with ArmA was the campaign, and how inferior it was to OFPs' really quite good campaign. I know people will say stuff about multiplayer, but when the predecessor (even if it is 'spiritual') has a campaign as good as that, you expect the successor to have an equally, if not better campaign with as few "take these Humvees and stop this armoured attack" bull**** missions as possible.

Upvote 0