• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only 2 servers showing up in Darkest hour

This is a real bummer, Ro and Dh is one of the most atmospheric and realistic ww2 shooters ever. If it fades due to this its just sad, while Ro2 is good in its own right it doesn't compare to the original in terms of realism,netcode and atmosphere.

Verifying any sort of files locally for ro & dh didn't solve it for me.

Do one or the other. I play RO1 on my Linux install, so I didn't notice the issue for a while (I also have it on my Windows partition).

Basically, if you want to play DH, verify that games files. DO NOT verify RO1's too, as it breaks whatever is wrong with DH.

Likewise, if you want to play RO1, verify just that, DO NOT do DH as well.

Upvote 0
I had to redownload RO and DH today because of issues with the game, downloaded a fresh install of both, and now the server bug is there again. Verified both game's cache's a million time and still no go! Asked a fellow DH unit member if he could find his favorites of our servers so i could copy it. Anyone know where the favorites usually saves?

Upvote 0
I can confirm that you can still join the 29th ID severs by IP. Just go on their website and you can find the IPs of all of their running servers.

A news post should be made in the News Section of the DH game (when you first press multiplayer) about how to solve this problem. I was really starting to like 70 player Berlin too :p

Upvote 0
well, no more playing DH I guess...... the list is always empty.
I doubt that this will stay on the forums for too long but....
I myself think that TW has done this with the intention to kill off the game and get everyone to go to RO2 instead! I purchased RO2 when it came out and found it, other than improved graphics, to be a miserable attempt at creating the sequel of a great game. After reading the reviews and playing it, I got the feeling that TW probably paid the reviewers to write a glowing report on the game. Most people I talked to tended to agree that the game sucked and were going back to RO and DH.
So, I think everyone may as well get used to the fact that TW has to all intents and purposes killed off RO and DH, and now we'll all have to wait for Festung Europa or Traction Wars to show up. In the meantime I have removed RO, DH and RO2 and will never invest in another TW game

Upvote 0
I cannot believe this hasn't been dealt with in 4+ months.

I always thought TW was a better studio than this... supporting mod teams, fixing bugs and adding features years after release, but this is just ridiculous.

I'm not going to chalk this up to some sort of conspiracy to shuffle people over to RO2-- I don't believe that Tripwire are bad people that would do something like that to loyal players and paying customers. However, I will chalk this up to MAJOR oversight and disrespect for us.

This is a gamebreaking and community shattering problem that would probably take an engineer a day or two to diagnose, yet seemingly nothing has been done, and who knows if this community will ever spring back.

Not really that mad anymore, just really disappointed in what used to be the studio whose work and community support I would brag about all over. Pretty sad.

Upvote 0
Long story short, we are aware of the issue and want to get it fixed, however RO: Ostfront is no longer a actively developed project and we haven't had spare engineer time to address this issue yet. The only update to RO: O in the past few years was transferring to Steam's new content system. The files are the same.

As was mentioned, it may only take a few days, but that is a few days off of other projects that can't be spared at this time.

As of note, I get sever lists in both launchers.

If somebody could provide me a copy of all their .ini files (default and non) for working RO server list and working DH server list so I can have QA here take a look at them in their spare time it would help alot.

Checked with a modder I know and he said that uninstalling and reinstalling RO 1 fixed the issue for him.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just uninstalled and reinstalled RO/DH yesterday and I am seeing about 25 servers for RO and 1 for DH. When I try to validate the DH files, which used to be a fix for seeing the servers in the DH browser, the validation validates BOTH the DH and the RO files instead of just the DH files, so, you are unable to see the DH server list no matter what you do. Thanks for looking into it.. we're all hoping it gets fixed soon.

Upvote 0
I have the same problems.... I have tried to validate the DH files like everyone else, but when I do, it also validates RO. Only one (1) server showing up now, which is the old RGN server. I have also tried to manually type the IP #'s, but it doesn't work.

This is really frustrating, because I still like to occasionally play DH on the 29th and Jolly Rogers servers. Now, all of sudden I cannot.

Can someone at TWI look into this?

Upvote 0