• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only 2 servers showing up in Darkest hour

shea

Mar 18, 2010
Ireland,cavan
Hi all i have a problem finding servers on darkest hour,for some reason there are only 2 servers showing up.i have no filters on and i have downloaded the 2 masterserver files on steam but still no joy also i have my firewall totally turned off.i got an update for ro which was 8mb and ever since i cant see any others servers but two on darkest hour and on ro there are less servers showing up also.any info would be great guys.thanks

Official reponse?

Official reponse?

Can we get an official response to this? After this occurred the population of Darkest Hour has dwindled to nothing. What happened? What was updated? and can we get this issue fixed so not every player has to verify cache manually? Also I'd like to make a request, but I'll keep it separate from this thread, link: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=85602

Upvote 0
Open Steam Library,
Right Clock on Darkest Hour
Local Files
Verify Integrity of Game Cache
It worked for me!!

Hasn't worked for me, I still see just ONE server, a server I cannot join (connection fails no matter how long I wait). So I checked the websites for the servers I play most often. They say that this crash of their servers is the last straw, they have decided to transition AWAY from hosting Darkest Hour and move on to other games.

In other words, I'm only seeing one or two servers because there are only one or two servers left.

Upvote 0
This bug is killing both Red Orchestra and Darkest Hour. Both are basically only being played by clan members and long term veterans that know how to fix the issue.

This needs to be resolved ASAP and I'd suggest after this issue is fixed having a free weekend for RO and a $5 sale for a week. I think doing this would give RO fans hope, as I think many have lost it. Please look into the issue and respond.

Upvote 0
Hasn't worked for me, I still see just ONE server, a server I cannot join (connection fails no matter how long I wait). So I checked the websites for the servers I play most often. They say that this crash of their servers is the last straw, they have decided to transition AWAY from hosting Darkest Hour and move on to other games.

In other words, I'm only seeing one or two servers because there are only one or two servers left.

Incorrect, there are around 15 or more servers for Darkest Hour. Ground Pounders is still running for Darkest Hour as are JR and 29th servers. I can't speak for RO because I think even I am having problems listing all servers.

Upvote 0
As you remember Theel I asked you about this problem. My server was one of those "two" that was being seen by me and I thought that only 2 are up to date. I was wrong, because client side DH files don't update automatically! After I made my "check integrity" I stopped seeing my server, but on the list there were other servers I hadn't seen before (means after the "update" of RO). I updated "RO" base of my DH server again and then verified DH part with terrible outcome - my server wouldn't start with critical errors! Only one solution - copy all client files to the server's directories. Now my server is being seen among others...

Upvote 0
Also while you are at it, please make sure the DH server files are correct. Here is a list of files that have to be replaced by client files for the server to work:

Sounds:
DH_animal_sounds.uax
DH_ArmoredBeasts2_Sounds.uax
DH_ArmoredBeasts2_Sounds2.uax
DH-AlliedPlaneSounds.uax
DH_Brit_Voice_vehicle
DH_Ger_Voice_infantry
DH_Inf_Player.uax
DH_ProjectileSounds.uax
DH_SundrySounds.uax
Brit_Voice_infantry.uax
DH_WeaponSounds.uax

System (you'll find that these files aren't even on the server, so you won't be replacing anything per say):
DH_ATWeapons.det
DH_BritishPlayers.det
DH_Engine.det
DH_Equipment.det
DH_Game.det
DH_GerPlayers.det
DH_Guns.det
DH_Interface.det
DH_USPlayers.det
DH_Vehicles.det
DH_Weapons.det

Textures:
DH-Freyneux_tex.utx
DH_AlliedMilitarySM.utx
DH_Ardennes_tex.utx
DH_Artillery_Tex.utx
DH_Bocage.utx
DH_Cagny_T.utx
DH_Carentan_Tex.utx
DH_Buildings_tex.utx
DH_Fauna_Tex.utx
DH_frenchposters.utx
DH_G15LCD.utx
DH_Chapelle_tex.utx
DH_InterfaceArt_tex.utx
DH_Knights_SM_tex.utx
DH_Scopeshaders.utx
DH_GUI_Tex.utx
DH_Vegetation_tex.utx
DH_VehicleOptics_tex.utx
DH_VehicleOpticsDestroyed_tex.utx
DH_VehiclesGE_tex.utx
DH_VehiclesGE_tex2.utx
DH_VehiclesUS_tex3.utx
DH_VehiclesUK_tex.utx
DH_VehiclesUS_tex.utx
DH_VehiclesUS_tex2.utx
DH_VehiclesUS_tex3.utx
DH_Weapon_overlays.utx
DH_Weapon_tex.utx
DHCanadianCharactersTex.utx
DHFonts.utx
DHBritishCharactersTex.utx
DHGermanCharactersTex.utx
DHUSCharactersTex.utx

Thanks to Cranston of the 29th for the list.

Upvote 0