• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nutshot

Sorry for reviving an old thread but. I dont know why you people say that nutshots are unrealistic.

If you were shot in the testicles in real life, you'd most likely be combat ineffective becasue of the pain. Other then that, you'd vomit and probably be shocked.

You dont usualy vomit and get shocked from a wound to the arm or such.

Upvote 0
Just for clarification, shots in the groin are are mostly fatal, because of shock, pain and massive bleeding combined with bones fracture and shatter. These injuries are the most dangerous you can suffer. There is a lot of blood network outta there. Basicly its impossible to dress such wound in field conditions, because you will bleed out in matter of seconds/minutes. I'm not writing about bullets just scratching your ballz. Thats why there is so much fatalities during IED attacks nowadays, even in protected vehicles.

Upvote 0
Most often i see nut shots to be insta-kills.
But i do not believe it is unrealistic.
What i do believe is that dev team modelled the injuries that way any kind of injury that renders the victim incapacitated in terms of a combat ready soldier is considered a kill.
It would simply be pointless to force the player after he was shot 3 rifle bullets to his arm (or a single bullet to his testicles) to lay on the ground, roll in agony, vomit or whatever else. While such injury would not be fatal and as mentioned with proper treatment recovery is possible but for sure such person would be out of action for a longer time.
In fact a human body is a tough to kill. Instant death occurs upon head shots (and sometimes that's also survivable!) or shots to the heart. Nevertheless its also easy to hurt a human to a degree he is not able to retaliate, move and is loosing conciousness because of the pain ans shock. Fps games bypass that state for sanity reasons, simulating bleeding is quite hardcore anyway.

Upvote 0
Just for clarification, shots in the groin are are mostly fatal, because of shock, pain and massive bleeding combined with bones fracture and shatter. These injuries are the most dangerous you can suffer. There is a lot of blood network outta there. Basicly its impossible to dress such wound in field conditions, because you will bleed out in matter of seconds/minutes. I'm not writing about bullets just scratching your ballz. Thats why there is so much fatalities during IED attacks nowadays, even in protected vehicles.

/thread

Upvote 0
meh. nutshot.. it's an indication that I am aiming too low for the distance I am shooting at and I correct for it. Personally I vote combat ineffective. What the reaction is idk. Might be like getting your nutz touched to lighting, or you just pass out, or vomiting and keeling over. idk. never had my genitals shot off. If this topic interests us that much. Maybe someone that knows someone that had his junk-shot off and we can pull him onto the forum to ask him what it was like.

edit: who the hell said junkshots are unrealistic?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no one said it was an immediate kill

i'd imagine it's just the killing blow

EDIT: do anyone elses balls hurt after reading through the medical post?

More than you want to know.

To the people saying it shouldn't be a killshot...are you seriously arguing that if you get shot in the nuts, you will get back up and continue fighting? You're not fooling anyone!

Upvote 0
More than you want to know.

To the people saying it shouldn't be a killshot...are you seriously arguing that if you get shot in the nuts, you will get back up and continue fighting? You're not fooling anyone!
Just being kicked in the nuts is bad enough, a high caliber bullet, well I don't really want to know:eek:

And that beaver thing is amazing, just hope no feminists hang around the forums;)

Upvote 0
I've been shot in the nuts in real life.

Luckily it was by an idiot kid with a tournament paintball marker, and not a real fire arm. (Little bugger hid in a bush and was attacking people on a hiking trail.)

Trust me. Nut shots may as well be kill shots. If it didn't kill you, you would be wishing it had.

Upvote 0
I've been shot in the nuts in real life.

Luckily it was by an idiot kid with a tournament paintball marker, and not a real fire arm. (Little bugger hid in a bush and was attacking people on a hiking trail.)

Trust me. Nut shots may as well be kill shots. If it didn't kill you, you would be wishing it had.

is that why they call you Luckless?

Upvote 0