• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Novice KF SDK - Map List Question

dmolieri

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
Oregon
I've been KF mapmaking for about a week now. It's been a lot of fun, trial, and error, but I have made significant progress. Last mapmaker I used was for Quake 1, a program called QEdit for Windows 95 :eek:

Killing Floor:

I made a map. I build the map. I got to Build Menu -> Play Level, works like a champ (except it locks up for about 15 seconds at the start of the map and just before new zombies spawn in each round). My wonderful shop, shop door, work great. Path nodes are laid out great. Shop teleporters work wonderfuly! Elevator works great! 3 doors work awesome! Textures look as they should, static meshes act as they should... K now I want to try multiplayer.

Question:

After my map builds, it makes the BioIncident.rom in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userapps\common\killingfloor\Maps, and I can launch the map from Unreal Editor, but when I launch the game and attempt to solo map or host it for multiplayer, only the KF-XXXXXX maps appear. Nowhere in the list. What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's so obvious that nobody has asked the question, but I can't find an answer on google or in the forums.

Thank you,
dmolieri

EDIT* Got it! The map has to have a KF-<MAPNAME> prefix or it will not show up in-game. If anyone else runs into this same problem... FYI - it needs to be saved as the new name from within the editor, simply changing it from windows will not work. :D :D

Also... if you are having the same issue with the game locking for about 15 seconds before every wave, it was answered in another post. It will not do that when it is launched from the game, it only does it when you launch from the editor. By simply adding a single ammo box to your level, this problem goes away.

Last edited: