• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 15th Update Changelist

Played a bit on Commissar's House and my fps seemed to have improved nicely. I'm guessing that is because of the Nov 15 patch. Good Job!

On a sour note, I've had to rage quit the past 4 or 5 times because the past couple of days (started before the patch) there is a glitch that freezes the game momentarily and may be PB related? Not sure... Ugh :(

Upvote 0
Myself and Puggy spoke last night, they are getting the stutters on their server also

He had worked out that they happened every 60 seconds

This is punkbuster related it is either the pbss's or checks are being made, either way it is not a good thing

He turned PB off and the stuttering stopped

Yet, if you dislike PB's poor cheat detection and performance/game play gimping characteristics, some people will call you a hacker or "plant" for a rival anti-cheat developer ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Icey_Pain
Upvote 0
Why are server admins using Punk Buster again?

Touche'! I see their problem as having a virtual monopoly on the anti-cheat market. In short, you have no alternative, so they're not gonna waste their time, effort and money diligently working at the pace of the hackers to keep up with them, if they're going to get the same amount of cashola for being ineffective and lazy. This is especially the case when many games stipulate that servers run PB in order to maintain ranked status. In other words, there is no incentive to PB's devs/publishers to improve their product.

If admins don't use it, people who care about stats can't find ranked servers and quit playing games that force PB down their throats, and PB therefore starts losing money and market share, they will either be forced to improve, or someone will eventually come along to pick up their slack. Game devs/publishers should really stop catering to PB, stop settling for mediocrity and demand real anti-cheat performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello

I updated RO automatically this morning, and when I play now, I usually CTD before a round on Apartemenzig with bots is over.

Before the patch today, I had no problems at all and RO 2 ran perfectly, but with the patch i'm getting these semi-ctd's that make it somewhat unplayable.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: I have some logfile information mentioning some warnings about failure to load stripper clips. If those are any help I can post them. It so happens that the first time I ctd'd was when I loaded a stripper clip into the top of an SVT-40 without changing the entire magazine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Performance does seem significantly better on Phenom II architecture with this patch.

I still can't access the Master Server using my Thompson router, though, and have to rely on using 'recently played' servers.

If your router has NAT filtering, disable it.

I think Tripwire should consider rewriting the speed the browser updates to be slower on systems where the router gets choked. But then again, if I were you I'd consider buying a non-****ty router as mine doesn't have a problem with it.

Upvote 0