• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not every one can play the Germans

On US and European servers I generally end up playing Russian since I know the German team is generally more experienced. The only exceptions are on Spartanovka and Grain Elevator, where I pick German.

Usually, playing on the Soviet team these days goes something like this:

:mad::mad::mad:
/rant

Yes, I did just get out of the game. :D

It's going to be a long, hard road to the Reichstag... :p

EDIT:
]nXs[Nikita(Team): "Why have all our bunkers been destroyed by our own engineers? BEHIND friendly lines?" (on Mamayev)

ha ha

I was the Russ commander for the first time last night on Factory and I could only take about 2 minutes of it. I was ready to bang my head against the nearest wall. Everybody was b*tching that there wasn't a CO, so I took, and then the same people began criticizing what I told them to do, and wouldn't give me any arty markers!
Life is too short, and the game is stressful enough without dealing with some of these clowns :)

Upvote 0
ha ha

I was the Russ commander for the first time last night on Factory and I could only take about 2 minutes of it. I was ready to bang my head against the nearest wall. Everybody was b*tching that there wasn't a CO, so I took, and then the same people began criticizing what I told them to do, and wouldn't give me any arty markers!
Life is too short, and the game is stressful enough without dealing with some of these clowns :)

You have to have a very good team to win this map as a Russian .
Same for most maps were the Russian attack .
Or a very bad German team .
The Problem is most of the Vets of RO2 know on Factory the Russian side is very hard .

SO most of the Vets go German
Simple

Upvote 0
You have to have a very good team to win this map as a Russian .
Same for most maps were the Russian attack .
Or a very bad German team .
The Problem is most of the Vets of RO2 know on Factory the Russian side is very hard .

SO most of the Vets go German
Simple
do you really think so? that's about as weak a practice i can think of. where's the challenge in that?:eek:

Upvote 0
I think the reason most players seem to prefer playing as the Germans is because the Wehrmacht had a reputation in WWII as an elite and professional fighting force, whereas the Red Army was an unorganized mass of men who often died trying to attack unassailable positions.

I prefer playing as the Soviets because they have awesome battle cries and they have access to the glorious PPSh-41 bullet sprayer of death.

Upvote 0
I think the reason most players seem to prefer playing as the Germans is because the Wehrmacht had a reputation in WWII as an elite and professional fighting force, whereas the Red Army was an unorganized mass of men who often died trying to attack unassailable positions.

I prefer playing as the Soviets because they have awesome battle cries and they have access to the glorious PPSh-41 bullet sprayer of death.
i just take them because they allways seem to be the underdog. everyone takes germans first.

Upvote 0
Oh please. Are you a big, ignorant, narrow minded german hater? Not everyone was involoved in the holocaust. Not everyone like Hitler.

The Sergeant Schultz defense
I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!
It was used alot after the war
i lived in germany and austria from over 20 years so no i dont hate germans.
But Germans do love to talk about how bad the Americans are ;)

Upvote 0
I think most maps are pretty well balanced. The ones I don't think are balanced are, surpass, not my favorite maps to begin with. I play Allies and the win or lose is not balanced or unbalanced maps, it's team play. I am glad we have so many new players now, but, boy, are they still learning the ropes. Surely, I wasn't that dumb when I first started.....was I:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apartments - was Russian - now balanced a little to the Germans , fixed MG firing into spawn
Barracks balanced is good depends on teams
Commissars-house balance German , takes a good Russian team and a bad German team to win , spawn camping can be done
Fallenfighters Balance is good
Grain-elevator Russian, Germans can be camped
PavlovsHouse German, if the Germans have any idea what they doing can end in 5 to 10 mins, spawn camping can be done
Red Orchestra factory German , do i need to say more
Spartanovka German , if the German team knows what it doing can flank all the way to the last Cap , No cover on right side of map for the Russians
Station Russian takes a good German team or a very bad Russian team
Mamayev Kurgan German - only way to win this map as Russian is for the Germans to camp

ANY MAP CAN BE WON
but if with even skill teams Germans win most maps
You see RO2 Vets change sides to the balance of the maps
Not all vets do ,but most do
Is there a Fix
I do not know
I would like to see your list on how the maps are balanced
It would be fun

Upvote 0
A lot of it has to do with the time of day.

In the mornings(USA) I have noticed the Germans win almost all the time. In the evenings the Russians have more of the upper hand but the Germans still win some due to certain maps being heavily in favor of the Germans.

I play mostly(but not strictly) Soviets. Its not some silly ideological thing I just find German Army fetishists to be ridiculous people and get more joy out of defeating them than the other way around. I have no problem playing German though.

Today my Soviet side won Commisarshouse! I have never seen that before. It was truly a special Soviet side! I ended up getting lost quite frequently towards the end because I hadn't ever fought on that part of the map before. :D

Upvote 0