• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normalizing scores when switching teams

I dunno how you guys managed to turn this into a political system debate, but there is still the issue of scores.

I find it strange that so many of you believe scores don't matter. Any game without scores ends up looking like a mess of people doing nothing but shooting at each other. Scores help show who is contributing the most to the team effort, and while some may not believe that matters, others really need to see things like that to know how they and their teams should continue to perform.

Without scores, people wouldn't feel a need to get better at the game. They wouldn't have a way to gauge where they are contribution-wise compared to the rest of their team. Basically it would ruin any ambition to do well.

That said, removing capture points on team swap would be a good way to keep scores from becoming overly inflated and making them appear that they are contributing more at that time than others.

This is also similar to my earlier suggestion to somehow award capture points only to those who earned the most of the capture. These things are part of the game and to say they don't matter is, as the KF guys say, "Just bang out of order." Any suggestion to improve the old system is a step toward making RO2 an overall better experience.

Upvote 0
I don't think it is worth he trouble to implement a system like that just to keep the few people who play only for points happy. Unless the math going on is completely transparent, it's only going to serve to confuse people, and the only people who will care enough to complain will be the very people this system is aimed at helping.

Oh and just as a reminder, political discussion is against the forum rules, as it almost always devolves into flamewar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Floyd
Upvote 0
I don't think it is worth the trouble to implement a system like that just to keep the few people who play only for points happy. Unless the math going on is completely transparent, it's only going to serve to confuse people, and the only people who will care enough to complain will be the very people this system is aimed at helping.
+1
Focus on what encourages players to play in a manner that rewards the goal of the game. Different gametypes require different scoring mechanisms.

In the removing of cap points suggestion, what happens in a map where cap zones get traded back and forth? More code specialized by map?

I'm surprised that a suggestion for the ability to "sandbox" what counts as a score hasn't been brought up. The server admin decides what counts. This would be great for clan matches, imo. The league could decide how scoring would be kept. (A server running a "sandboxed" scoring system would not of course be a "ranking" server.)

Upvote 0
You need to think more out of box.

And dont take this too seriously.

Typical capitalistic gamer is 16 years old kid.
His mother have limited his computer playing for 4
hours. Those he decide to invest to RO2 (which is
bad choose, COD would be better :D when thinking profit)

By investing 4 hours of his life he gets certain amount
of spawns. Those he tries to spend best possible way to
get as much points as possible (By being on every possible
cap, when its capped and then leaving it, so that enemy
cap it back and it can be recapped once again).

By getting allkind of points he earns medals.

And on the end of the day he can show his fancy medals
to his friends, and get adoration from his friends = profit :D :D :D

If he doesnt have any, he can also post screenshots
about his points to some forums.

Haha, hilarious description! It sounds like the 16 year old in your example could use an Investment Advisor :D. I for one know that I could have used one in some instances, being a Capitalist gamer myself that largely measure entertainment in profit (a positive KPD.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0