• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Noob level up

Dolphin Buff Man

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Victoria, Australia
Why the hell is it that I can join onto a server and find a that their are level 6 people that are unable to work effectively as a team?! All they do is draw more zeds and leave them to me to fight! Just to set the scene, i was a medic (not that high, only level 3 but i was on normal) and i got stuck with 50 zeds on wave 8 or something, while the rest of the team waite at the trader. I was not impressed to say the least.

right, now that i've got that out of the way, we can get down to the problem of people being level 6 not due to teamwork and skill, but simply hours played.

I suggest some achievements that are required to go up to level 5 or 6 and without them, you cannot go up past level four on any perk. This will sepereate out the people who can work effectively as a team and those who just play for ages.

here are some achievement ideas.
- Kill 100 Fleshpounds that are pounding a teammate.
- Heal 100 teammates who are below 20 health,
- Survive 20 waves where your entire team survives.
- Destroy 200 Clots that are grappling teammates.

etc, etc, you get the idea. these values are all made up and I don't care if they are altered, all i want is more teamwork!

Generally, you'll find fewer fail "teams" in hard (and especially suicidal/ HoE) than on normal.

I feel your pain Dolphin. A lot of the servers will have at least 1-2 people who stick together and work as a group and have mics. :D Try to add those people to your steam friends list. That way you know you'll have at least one "battle buddy" when you join the game.

Upvote 0
I've got my brother and my dad, but they can't play at the same time because they us the same profile. Since we are in the same room, our team work is extremely effective. We have very little problem together.
We tend to join empty servers and by wave 3 it will be full. And that point you'll have at least two people who don't give a crap about anything other than themselves. It makes it very difficult for everyone else.
By the way, I'll be on holiday for the next week and a bit, so any threads that i've created I'll bump when i come back and make sure to reply to all suggestions. Enjoy the holidays everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i don't quite understand what it is that you're saying?

That theres no point changing something that works. TW is a small and busy team of developers, I highly doubt they're gonna change the leveling system, EVER.

Thats why I said you can hope to see it in a possible sequel or a similar game like this by Tripwire, but I wouldnt count on the fact that they are making one.

And I think they should definately make a sequel, imagine all the possibilities. They cant just change everything in this version of the game every year you know.

Upvote 0
This game used to be a lot easier before the Xmas update and it was too easy for players to reach level 6.
To be completely honest it's still just as easy to reach level 6 normally. Hard is pretty much no different than it used to be save for Sharps having to use 2 Xbow shots on an FP, and it's what most people levelled on anyways...

The problem was, before a patch a while back, console commands existed that made levelling a joke and everyone abused them to bypass the system. There were also the Fleshpound, Clot and Bloat mutators that were whitelisted that people abused but they didn't make it that much easier to level.

Last edited:
Reactions: ph30nix
Upvote 0