• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next RO Patch?

Ramm's idea of the 3d voice commands, must be a drug in his head.
Last time i ever require 3d voice commands before an upcoming patch, I only got some f***ing unlogic answers back.
FFS TW, think about the whole community who wants this back! And some dickheads doesnt even know what we're talking about, those are the stupied ones that doesnt want this in.

I would kill fo real to get this back in. 80% gaming joy/pleasure has dissapeard from me, since they took away 3d voice for teams.

Must be the most stupied devs I have met considering this problem. Cause this rlly IS a f***cking problem..

TW! Listnen to the community this time...

OK now im confused, what are 3d voice commands. Im assuming its not a 3D v 2D thing..

If it relates to being able to use a mic ingame , then i would love to have that fixed, as would everyone else.

Upvote 0
OK now im confused, what are 3d voice commands. Im assuming its not a 3D v 2D thing..

If it relates to being able to use a mic ingame , then i would love to have that fixed, as would everyone else.

My understanding is that voip would be directional/positional like other sounds, and will also be subject to the effect of distance.
So when a guy speaks the person closeby on his right will hear a loud voice at his left, a guy way ahead hears a faint voice behind him etc. Teammates too far away won't hear a thing, whereas enemies close by will.
It may also be subject to enviromental eax effects, (if the guy is talking from within a cave it will echo for example)

It works brilliantly in vietcong, and it would be great in RO, at least as a server option - alongside, or incorporating the vehicle-only chat channel.

I'd love to see this like this and other positive gameplay effecting changes introduced in any new patch (as opposed to vehicles and weapons that are the responsibilty of the community IMO) , but with the amount already added thusfar and the sparce numbers currently playing I don't expect that much to come in the future tbh.

Theres no harm in mentioning things you'd like to see introduced, and it would be nice a bit more official feedback on some of the ideas raised here.
However I never cease to be amazed by those who get upset and stroppy because I can only presume that in their muddled minds they believe TWI has a commitment to provide whatever extra free content is demanded, as the $20 they spent oh-so-long ago entitles them to the moon on a stick.

Upvote 0
Theres no harm in mentioning things you'd like to see introduced, and it would be nice a bit more official feedback on some of the ideas raised here.
However I never cease to be amazed by those who get upset and stroppy because I can only presume that in their muddled minds they believe TWI has a commitment to provide whatever extra free content is demanded, as the $20 they spent oh-so-long ago entitles them to the moon on a stick.
The only thing I really get upset with is when I dont get a logic answer from the devs. They did just ignore us all the time and say that they want to have it their way.
And we didnt mean the VOIP, we ment the voicecommands ofcourse! Realism. Haha! U dont think they got radios with them on the battlefield? No, THATS why you need to shout, and THATS why u need to damn hear it in 3D so u can tell where u are or where to help with the prerecorded voices. Now THAT is logic, and it has been in before, very long time since though. Plz, understand this now once and for all...

Upvote 0
True but it's vary hard to simulate that kind of shooting with a MG42 from the hip because of the way the MG42 is in RO.

Anyway for stuff that needs to be added:

Vehicles:

Germany:

Tanks:

Panzer2F
Panzer4D

Stug3G
Stug3G: with Shurtzen

Other:

Sdkfz-222: Give the Germans a match up for the BA-64!

Russians:

Tanks:

T26
KV-1: Not the S model but the older one
KV-2
BT-5

Weapons:

Germany:

C96 Mouser: Not the full automatic version please as that one was only made in the early years of WW1 and did not see service in WW2.

MP28: As another option for the Germans in 1941 maps other than the MP41 that is almost the same as the MP40.

PanzerSchreck: Why? because we need this iconic weapon! Give it up devs we wan't it!

Russia:

M1928 Nagant Revovlor: As another option for the Russians we need a second side arm!

AVS-36 Simonov: Why? Because it was used in WW2 till they came out with the much improved SVT-40 model of self loading rifles. Plus Germany gets their crap tacular G41 why not give Russia their crap tacular AVS-36? Plus it would make it so the Russians had a counter to the G41 on maps where Germany has it but the Russians don't have a self-loading rifle.

PTRS-41: Why? Because it was used in WW2 and manufactured in the same numbers as the PTRD-41 we have in game. Plus it would give the Russians more of a chance on maps like Berinzia where we tend to get overwhelmed by the number of enemy vehicles comeing at us almost 24/7.

Maps that show off the battles at Kharkov, the fighting around Mosscow, and of course the massive tank battles around the Volga river.

Also please fix the fallowing bugs:

-Arty not stopping even after squad leader has been kicked.

-Muteing a player stops working if that player leaves the server and comes back agian two seconds later. So you have to mute him all over agian.

-Players getting stuck in some places on some maps. Namly Beranzia at the forward most spawn.

-Beranzia ballance issues:

-total lack of cover for the Russians at their first spawn point on the map. That includes tanks, and infantry.

-German team spawns only 100 yards away meaning before most of the Russian team can even spawn in and get their class set up the Germans have already pushed them back to their second spawn point.

Map issues with vehicles and doorways:

-Fix it so vehicles can not pass through door ways even if they are open. It gets realy annoying when you have APCs/Tanks/BA-64s in a building spawn camping your men and you can't drop arty on them to kill them.

Anti-hacking mesures:

-Hard code the arty so they can't muck around with it. EA did this in BF2142 and it fixed the arty spamming big time ingame and made conquest playable agian.

-Hard code the Balistics of all weapons that are in the game not made by fans so they can't make use of damage mods, or hacks for aim bots.

-Hard code the vehicles as well so they can't muck around with the armor values with mini mods, or hacks.

But please make it so mod teams can still mod them, just this way they need the dev teams permission to do so. EA dose this and it realy cuts down big time on the hacking, and cheating of their BF games ingame on offical ranked servers.

Upvote 0
A lot of that is pointless and nobody would use it. Why would you want a revolver when you have the tt33? Same round faster reload. Name one map with a g41 and not svts.

As for the first objective in Berizina, it's only there to allow time to get set up at the first line.

If a vehicle is in someone's spawn... it gets blown up by spawn protection.

And finally... Tripwire is not EA. Tripwire doesn't have the same issues and all mutators are server side to begin with. I personally haven't seen an aimbot since 3.3.

Upvote 0
C96 Mouser would be a good addition since it has 10 bullets over the all the current sidearms.

Mp-28 would be useless

Nagant Revolver would simply be cool b/c it's a revolver but It would take longer to reload. And most people would just choose TT-33.

AVS-36 was a ****ty rifle that the Red Army got rid of quickly.

Yes, the PTRS should be in.

Upvote 0
For me its simple, if this is going to be a last update then they need to update the things that will ensure the game survives as long as it can. IE: Graphics should be the number one concern, improve graphics, improve the number of new players I think. Its like trying to get someone to buy DoD 1.6 or DoD Source, although 1.6 is free go along with me here. Of course a new player who hasnt tried either one will pick the better looking and newer one. Even though 1.6 has much more to offer.

If they can improve grahics and give the old time fans something too then that would be great. But I already love the game, if I had to sacrifice some improvments inorder to have the peace of mind that the game can still continue to sell and thus survive with the same community then I have no problems.

Also, forgive my spelling mistakes, I am use to spell checker and thus dont worri aboot mi spealin edukashion.

Upvote 0
What a bunch of whiny *****es, especially you, zeep. Nice sig?

Well it doesn't leave me untouched to have a good game miss out on something immersive. There's some people who think the game is fine the way it is, other people see more possibilities. I asked for what i wanted.

If that's whining to you then you're probably a person who never strifes to get the most out of what they have.

Upvote 0