• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Update 1015 Personal Thoughts

So I just played the new update and so far I have very VERY mixed feelings. Some are genuine and some are petty. I'm sure some of you are with me and others may think I'm crazy.

The genuine:
Bad:
-The new 9mm sounds like absolute trash.

-The Oldschool aiming is something that should be a choice. I personally hated the old dual wield aiming with a passion. So much, in fact, that I refused to dual wield. I was beside myself when the aiming in KF2 was better. And now its back to crap.

-Medic is borderline worthless, I'd be surprised to see anyone actually playing medic anymore.

-Support is still pathetic until the boss wave. Seems as if support is getting left in the dust.

Good:
-The Patriarch looks, sounds, and is fairly badass.

-Gunslinger seems cool at first glance

-A few others have said, and I have experienced this too, loading maps seems to take longer and stop compeltely resulting in the application being unresponsive.

The Petty:
-All game settings were reset. Mouse sensitivity, key binds, etc.

- The katana and 9mm are both under the Universal tab AND Gunslinger Tab. Why?

My two cents:

All pistols sound terrible.
Third person 9mm sounds like old 9mm
Third person deagle sounds like 1911

No water impact particle effects or sounds.
No water playermovement particle effects or sounds.

Farm is a tiny map...... !? KF-FARM was like ten times the size.
And so was Wyre compared to black forest

Upvote 0
The new 9mm sounds like absolute trash.

I don't understand all the rage directed at this change.

The Oldschool aiming is something that should be a choice

Agreed. Option to swap to one or the other in the gameplay menu.

Medic is borderline worthless, I'd be surprised to see anyone actually playing medic anymore.

Medic was broken previously. Anyone who argues otherwise was either a doorzerk enthusiast or is terrified of having to git gud. Armor repair was stupidly good before, and the medic's perk skill selection was locked in place, allowing no variability in the gameplay style. Armor bot or nothing. That's wretched, and I'm glad it's gone. Funny to say he's "useless", the medic of KF1 was even worse than this current version.

Support is still pathetic until the boss wave. Seems as if support is getting left in the dust.

Yes. Support was my go-to perk in KF1, I miss him greatly. Although with pistols making a debut as reliable sidearms, support is getting some much needed...uh...support, as far as his ammo issue is concerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I'm really ok with most of the changes, though I think they nerfed Smash too much, the 25% reduction in health I'm still not sure about.

I don't really care for the top screen menu, when you start up the game you've got two menu's now. If you want to change a setting you need to click the top screen menu then go back to the side screen menu. It's kind of redundant and a waste of clicking time. It should all be in the same menu like it was before.

Also, Traders voice still interrupts player chat lines and the traders voice still isn't affected by ZED time. There's a whole bunch of new things that my character started saying and the stupid trader keeps interrupting me. It's so annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medic feels kind of boring and lame now. Armament is absolutely hurtful and should never be taken and the perk is back to a guided dart here and there to keep the hot running - which is something anyone can master by level 2... Having to aim darts at full health team mates and the extra pressure of constant healing gave the perk some depth and challenge at least.

Cutting Zwei dps in half without fixing the parry bug was insane.

Black Forest is a HUGE map and I get a major KF-Manor vibe trying to head shot evasively hiking gorefasts with my single deagle out of that cave (the cave which has a trader in it in case there are more). Excatly what I was missing.

Farm House is kind of small but the upper floor of that house has so many small windows and wall holes to shoot through it's almost like a Western.

I like all gunslinger weapons except the T1 which appear typically weak (like almost all T1 weapons). Skill tree makes a good first impression too.

Most importantly though, having access to variety of 2kg pistols will have a great impact my load-outs with any perk and I simply love that single pistols appear in the pistol category while dualies go to primary weapons. Whoever thought that up deservers a congratulatory cheese cake!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I'm really ok with most of the changes, though I think they nerfed Smash too much, the 25% reduction in health I'm still not sure about.

I don't really care for the top screen menu, when you start up the game you've got two menu's now. If you want to change a setting you need to click the top screen menu then go back to the side screen menu. It's kind of redundant and a waste of clicking time. It should all be in the same menu like it was before.

Also, Traders voice still interrupts player chat lines and the traders voice still isn't affected by ZED time. There's a whole bunch of new things that my character started saying and the stupid trader keeps interrupting me. It's so annoying.

The reduction in health and smash was needed. Zerk walling isn't as possible now and you have to think more when you hard attack the big guys. You still have the knock down effect. Just need more of a thought process with parrying/blocking as opposed to just pure offense.

Upvote 0
Most importantly though, having access to variety of 2kg pistols will have a great impact my load-outs with any perk and I simply love that single pistols appear in the pistol category while dualies go to primary weapons. Whoever thought that up deservers a congratulatory cheese cake!
Yeah this is really cool. I'd like to see how much base damage those handguns do compared with other weapons. Get on it simplecat :O
EDIT my bad he's already kindof on it. The 1911 does as much damage per shot as the SCAR and the Deagle does 91 (wow) and the others aren't filled out yet. But that's very impressive for a sidearm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My experience:

Bad-
-9mm sounds
-1911 looks tiny while not aiming but really nice while aiming
-Patt design is uninteresting, Kevin whas a better Patt imo
-Gunslinger bomb uninteresting, it would be better if it didnt explode on its own and you had to shot em to blow em up. limited to 1 on the floor each time.

Really good-
-Love the 1911, Gunslinger feels really good
-Patt boss fight is brutal, much more enjoyable than Hans imo
-Flashlight!
-Aiming option
-Black Forest

Upvote 0