• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New specimen: Deep

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Deep is a siren that screams only a quarter of the frequency of the normal siren but she is triggered at three times the distance. So why would she be triggered at three times the distance? Instead of the normal scream attack, Deep screams smoke. The same amount of smoke as a fired grenade.

By triggering the attack at a farther distance, the smoke would help conceal other specimens. By reducing the number of screams by 75%, the map wouldn't look like LA used to look.

Thoughts?

This idea is rather interesting and unique in some ways. I can see it also being gamebreaking cause of the whole blocking the sight.

I was thinking that by reducing the screaming (smoke) to a quarter of the normal siren's screaming, it would balance it.

What I wanted to do is make a specimen, other than the husk, a priority to shoot while it is distant. Right now, only the husk, and some could argue the FP, is a problem at a distance and the rest of the specimens can be ignored until they are close.

Upvote 0