• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New player

Calyptus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 4, 2008
I just ordered RO: Ostfront and expect to get it in a couple of days. I can hardly wait. I know that the game is a little old, and therefore I would like to know about how many people who still plays it? Are there many active servers, clans, etc.?

Please write a little additional information about the game if it is. For instance, what is Darkest Hour?

Thank you very much. :cool:

RO still averages over 1000 players on at peak times during the week. More on weekends. Always able to find an active server.

Darkest Hour is a total conversion modification (tc mod) for RO that changes the setting from the eastern front to the western front. Along those lines there is also the Mare Nostrum modification (available through steam) that changes the setting to North Afrika, and the CC mod which while not a total conversion and more of an intergration add the Romanians to the fight.

Upvote 0
thanks a lot, now im absolutly looking forward to get it!
:D
One last question before I hit the battlefield, how is people online? Are they serious or just "hack n slash" mode?

I hope most of them are seriously and play like a team, because that was one of the things that I where searching, when I decided to pick a game.

Looking forward to post in here more often!

Upvote 0
Best FPS ever

Best FPS ever

In my opinion Red Orchestra is the best FPS ever made so far. I have been an active pc player for at least 25 years and i have always preferred fps's and 2ww shooters over other types of gameplay. I played them all (most of them anyways) and the better ones are in my point of view the Battlefield1942 series (Market Garden, Omaha Beach, Kharkov remember?), DayOfDefeat I've been playing a lot, BattlefieldVietnam how much i hated the MIG spammers and Battlefield2 yes i was a noob tuber. But none of them really compares to RO except for Battlefield1942 mapwise and soforth. I also remember a lot of discussion of bullet drop and deviation on the public forums of Battlefield1942 because they too had some realistic physics and ballistics build in. I accidently stumbled over RO a few years back right after the first total conversion and i have reguarly played it ever since. Though it seems a steep learning curve it only takes a little practice to hipshoot your way through Zhitomir Revenge or to place stiehlhandgrenade so they count. Also the mods DH and MareNostrum (what a great name)+ CC are excellent. Though i acknowledge the great work of making DH and MN i preferred CC over the others mainly because of its minitanks and hilly maps. Sadly i cant find any servers alive so when its mod time its back to DarkestHour anyways see you in KrasnyiOktyabr

Upvote 0
Clan activity is still ok i guess.

you can check out www.roladder.net for the most active clan play location for RO.
Then there is www.roleague.com a relatively new and smaller group, for getting more of that cozy village feel.

For individual play there is www.ironcrescendo.net for people that want more teamplay than public.

Last edited:
Upvote 0