• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Pistol hidden in the Summer Sideshow?

Famous among who exactly? The Irish (i think he's Irish) guy obviously feels the most important civil war was the Irish Civil War, and i, being English, feel the English Civil War was the most important.
/taking it too seriously.

i know what you are getting at, for me, the most important civil war was when Buenos Aires was fighting the "Argentine Confederation"

but as Rammstein put it much to clearly on one of their songs "we are all living in amerika". You know about the american civil war, as i do, as someone in germany, russia or japan does, because we watch movies, or documentaries, many of them imported from the USA.... That doesn't mean the "secession war" should be more important to you than your own civil wars, however, you know it happened as most people in the world do.

i hope i'm making myself clear, when i say "famous" i do NOT mean "important", i mean "well known".

Upvote 0
Famous among who exactly? The Irish (i think he's Irish) guy obviously feels the most important civil war was the Irish Civil War, and i, being English, feel the English Civil War was the most important.
/taking it too seriously.

You mean me? While my grandfather was Irish, I was born in America. Anyway, I agree about the "Famous among who exactly" sentiment. I was just making a sorta point (OK, mostly just for fun) about mild ethnocentrism with assuming everyone's on the same page when saying "Civil War". It's like when Americans say "New Year's" they mean January 1st, but to East Asians, it'd be in January or February, depending on the year. Also, had a Korean friend express her annoyance (on multiple occasions) at it being called "Chinese New Year" since, as she pointed out numerous times, it's not just the Chinese who celebrate it.

I just picked the Irish Civil War because it never gets the love here that the US Civil War does (movies, books, reenactments, etc.), and would have been obscure to people not familiar with Irish history. I should have mentioned 國共內戰, fought between Chinese Communists and Nationalists just prior to World war II, but wasn't all that creative.

Now if we're talking new skins... I'd love to see some Chinese soldiers circa 1930... though having all dialogue translated into Mandarin might be a bit too much to ask >_>

Upvote 0
Eureka Stockade-themed event?

That's the closest Australia had to a civil war, AFAIK.

And i live near where it happened.

I think it'd be an excellent event.

A Redcoat skin, with a Mosin-Nagant with bayonette is a must, so that we can do this:

doudiets.jpg

Just pretend that the blokes on the right are specimens. You can even imagine the bloke with a pistol as a Husk. :D

Yes, i can foresee that a good number of people will downvote me because this wasn't a British/America-based suggestion or American civil war-related.

Upvote 0