• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk: Tactical Unit

this is for the berserker?
No but the point is berserker has good constant damage reduction without any of the drawbacks that the suggested perk has. Which was basically my point as well. It would seem that shield guy would either be worse than berserker unless he could survive tanking Skrakes/FPs on Suicidal up. Even then, berzerker can already kite those too.

Upvote 0
No but the point is berserker has good constant damage reduction without any of the drawbacks that the suggested perk has. Which was basically my point as well. It would seem that shield guy would either be worse than berserker unless he could survive tanking Skrakes/FPs on Suicidal up. Even then, berzerker can already kite those too.
It's a 40% zerk resistance vs 90% shield resistance.
And also, kite a raged FP.

Upvote 0
It's a 40% zerk resistance vs 90% shield resistance.
And also, kite a raged FP.
I count 85% with the tower shield, but like I said either you can soak of the damage so well it becomes broken or you are strictly inferior to Berserker (which is itself broken). The lack of good DPS for Shield Guy is fine in lower difficulties but he would get hit constantly in higher difficulties. Though that's fine I guess if his shield reduces a raging FP's damage to that of a single Gorefast slash. That's not broken at all.

Also, it is quite possible to kite an FP as zerker without raging him.

Upvote 0
A shield class sounds fun in theory, but like most people have pointed out there are already tank classes implemented in the game. I think this would make a great mutator: maybe just implement the shields first but not the perk, and give the shield durability like a welded door.

IMO kf players should learn to avoid damage, not soak it up, which is why medic and zerker have the most defense but also the most speed. People already camp a lot as it is; don't make it easier.

Upvote 0
I would prefer a item that boost my running speed so I can avoid attacks even better :)

I thought about this thing before and while it seems cool at first it's better/funnier to just avoid attacks. So no shields.

+you can kill anything in the game with a melee wep without getting hurt, 6p HoE Patriarch and FP included. Scrakes might be a challange for the knife though.

Upvote 0