• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New patch issue

..... Call me a dick, I dont care. I call it KARMA......

And it's karma that you keep losing that class when you keep TK'ing your fellow team mates. :cool:

Hmmm ... and how can you get 'better' in a class when you can't play a class because someone else got promoted and took it?

A vicious circle! :eek:

The only time someone can take the class from you is after the round ends and the best player is determined..... it's not like the promotions are handed out like candy to everyone throughout the round..... thus you usually have at least one full round to play the class before someone takes it from you.

I say usually, as I have seen promotions carry over after a map change.... but either way, if they do take it from you, pick another class like the MG or Commander and rack up kills.... you'll most likely kill more guys than the guy playing as marksman, thus you boot them the next round and take the class you want.

I can't say I ever had to worry about losing my class from others getting a promotion.... either because I'm the one getting it, or I'm using a class they don't want to take.

I think I lost my class once back in the Beta, but that was it.

..... You haven't though this through have you? :)

1) There is a sniper class - it is there to be played
2) Snipers are intended to be long-range
3) If you find a sniping spot that's out-of-cap-zone, but is still an excellent sniping spot, you use it - points are not the aim of the game, winning is.

...... Completely irrelevant. A sniper's job is to take out as many of the enemy as possible without being detected - a sniper does not need to "learn capturing" to do their chosen job successfully.

Seriously, basing your judgement of how effective someone will be @ class B on how well they do with class A, makes no sense at all. The two things aren't even linked by a scrap of logic.

Speaking of logic, you do realize there's no Sniper Class in RO2, it's a Marksman Class, which is a completely different set of tactics involved..... so trying to justify Sniper Tactics when using a Marksman Class is illogical

i'm+with+illogical.jpg

^ The Irony is the Germans in the Background.... they are not amused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Speaking of logic, you do realize there's no Sniper Class in RO2, it's a Marksman Class, which is a completely different set of tactics involved..... so trying to justify Sniper Tactics when using a Marksman Class is illogical

Actually, it isn't illogical - I was obviously thinking of the Marksman class :) I never play it, so unfortunately used the term Sniper. As I understood it, this was just a different term for the same thing - so could you explain how a Sniper differs from a Marksman? As I see it, they both have scoped main weapons - which implies they are both intended to target enemies from long range and stay concealed whenever possible. I'm intrigued as to how Marksman is "completely different" to Sniper in this regard, except for the choice of class name :)

I think you're probably going to say that a Marksman moves with the other squads and a sniper doesn't, but that still puts the marksman at a potential disadvantage when trying to deal with closing targets. While this potentially gives additional "cap power" to the troops they accompany, surely it isn't the ideal situation for a Marksman/Sniper to be in anyway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The basic difference between a marksman and a sniper is that the sniper conceals himself for a long time waiting to get the perfect shot on a high priority target, usually at long distance. While a marksman does not conceal himself as much but rather moves as a support unit behind the rest of the team. Which is really for distances that are a lot closer.

Upvote 0
I had a feeling that the promotion system would have to be re-thinked when they did the class balancing. It was never a problem before, but because although everyone complains about the autos, everyone also uses the autos! Hence there's now an in-built contradiction to the game.

Everyone complains because you HAVE to have one to be competitive against others using them. Everyone USES them because you have to have one to be competitive against others using them. Where's the contradiction? Are you saying that if you don't like getting owned by unrealistic numbers of laser guns, you are required to take a bolt action and die like a good little boy?

Upvote 0
The basic difference between a marksman and a sniper is that the sniper conceals himself for a long time waiting to get the perfect shot on a high priority target, usually at long distance. While a marksman does not conceal himself as much but rather moves as a support unit behind the rest of the team. Which is really for distances that are a lot closer.

Cheers for the explanation Icey :) I did think along those lines, but wasn't really sure if that was the distinction.

I see somebody down-voted your post - I wish people would stop doing that, and just reply to the bloody thing if they disagree! Grrr :) (Either that, or just turn the up/down vote system off - it's completely misused in 90% + cases and therefore represents nothing meaningful)

Upvote 0