• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

New monster: FIREPOUND

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
======================28.02.2010 UPDATE=====================

The Fire Pounds now shoot 4 rapid shots of the husk fire projectile!
There is now a 5.5 seconds delay between each session of shots.
They now have the personality of a husk, making them tougher and scarier.
I gave them a large immunity to all fire damage.
Increased attack range.
They no longer distant attack doors due to unneccessary fights with other specimens and Fire Pounds.
I took out the flamethrower attack for obvious reasons.
Download is now available!!
Renamed file to KFFirePounds.

Yes you have been waiting for this, but mostly No Glory has.
Yes as the the title suggests, I created a firepound (I know, I am a genius).
They shoot 4 rapid sprays of the husk fire projectile when you get within firing range and melee attack range. Yes they are badass and they can kill you in under a minute, unless your a level 5+ medic or firebug or you know exactly what to do when you see one.
Filename: KFFirePounds.zip
FileSize: 7.70kb

================( DOWNLOAD )================

Attachments

Last edited:

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
"They can kill you in under a minute"

...a clot can kill you in under a minute lol

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
"They can kill you in under a minute"

...a clot can kill you in under a minute lol
Sure a clot can kill you in under a minute of ur standing still, I mean if ur running away they can kill u before u least except it.

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Sure a clot can kill you in under a minute of ur standing still, I mean if ur running away they can kill u before u least except it.
ohh i see, so you kinda have like 1 minute before it kills you as soon as it spawns lol

something along those lines..

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
ohh i see, so you kinda have like 1 minute before it kills you as soon as it spawns lol

something along those lines..
Pretty much, unless your brave enough to run like hell! Soon as ONE, Fire Pound finds you, its pretty much over unless your a medic or firebug. Don't ever make one mad, ever! They do rage if they get close, then your dead!

No Glory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Sweet! Can't wait to try it out, how's the rest of the VIP mode coming along?
It's coming along ;)

EDIT:
YoYo, I'm having a problem trying it, it's considered the same file as FP chaingunners, could you change the filename and Mut name so that i can try it without it referencing Chaingunners instead of firepounds? XD

Last edited:

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
It's coming along ;)

EDIT:
YoYo, I'm having a problem trying it, it's considered the same file as FP chaingunners, could you change the filename and Mut name so that i can try it without it referencing Chaingunners instead of firepounds? XD
I changed the filename now, go re-download it!

Last edited:

svm

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
Tempe, AZ United States
Wow I just got done playing this. I mistakenly played this on Lab at first =D. I then did farm and saw the epicness of it xD. Good job man. Definetly will make frantic play.

svm

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
Tempe, AZ United States
As if the normal Fleshy didn't look intimidating enough o_O.

It looks so strange/awsome though whenever your on farm with just fleshpound. Like 20 or so fireballs just blaze past your head.

omarfw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
will the fireballs explode like the husk fireballs?

i feel it would be more unique if they didn't explode. plus they firepound fires so many of them that the explosions would make it too powerful.

i want it to feel like a unique monster, not just a monster that people look at and go "hey look a fleshpound with a husk launcher attached to it"