• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New mg 34 video by Zips

Like I said in the other thread; they dropped the ball on this one. It sounds too lame

It should sound something like this

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY OPINION

They actually sound very similar

However the difference in sound is in the reverberation which RO2 does not have (and almost no vanilla game does) This type of reverb is just now being modded into ARMA2 and Half Life 2.

Reactions: Spindle and Tzako
Upvote 0
It's funny how nobody is these gameplay videos seems to be using the cover system, preferring to manually crouch behind cover, manually lean and manually prop up weapons. The guy with the MG, you would imagine that the new system would be a godsend for him but he doesn't even use it, he props the gun up on a window-sill and whatnot and then breaks away like he would in RO1 to reload or when he's shot at.

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
Me thinks it doesn't sound the same; others agree with me

Who? The one person who liked your post?

They are very similar.

The only difference as has been pointed out by at least two posters is sound reverberation which makes the gun sound less "lame" as you put it.

What you are hearing isn't just the actual sound of the cartridge firing, but the soundwaves bouncing off objects in the environment back towards the mic. Not only is there the actual sound of the gun firing, but refracted waves of the shot (which sound deeper and meaner because sound waves elongate over distance).

They couldn't put the sound of the MG34 you posted in game because that is what the MG34 sounds like being fired outside. It simply wouldn't make sense to hear that sound INSIDE. Thusly they only put the primary sound of the mg34 firing in game.

As I said some games are just now getting this technology, it's not easy to model.

Upvote 0