• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Men of War Game hinted at

Cpt Blackadder

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2013
England
Last edited:
I'm still waiting for another fun set of single player campaigns like those in the original. Haven't bought a Men of War title since Assault Squad, and I'm resolving to wait until the next iteration actually has enough new content to justify the sticker price. ;)

Great series, though--loads of fun.

Upvote 0
Call To Arms :/ meh
its assault squad with modern stuff, thats my opinion, based on the demo videos and Q&A chats

Its not Call to Arms, its a new Men of war using the improvements to the engine made for Call to Arms.

I'm looking forward to the voice acting.
Haha, the best part of the game. :D I still can't believe they got a British VO to shout "For the Emperor, Banzai!". Thing is, they mixed up the lines for the Banzai charge and the heavy mortar, so every time you called in a mortar you would get this British VO shouting Banzai. All the other Japanese VOs sounded Japanese though. :confused: Russian and Germans with American accents was pretty weird as well.

I'm still waiting for another fun set of single player campaigns like those in the original. Haven't bought a Men of War title since Assault Squad, and I'm resolving to wait until the next iteration actually has enough new content to justify the sticker price. ;)

Great series, though--loads of fun.
The SP missions in the original were definitely more enjoyable than the ones in Assault squad, they were different every time, not just the same "attack these points" over and over again. Tinkering about with the Assault Squad GEM editor is pretty fun though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
header_01.jpg

Let's update this!

Release date announced: February 20th.
Pre-Purschase with 20% off - 30% for AS1 owners.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/

____

First Dev Update - Better late than never huh?

Talk about the XP system: http://digitalmindsoft.eu/news/developers-update-1-0

01.jpg

In summary, your XP, level and rank are tied to your Steam. You will unlock units with XP (faction tied!), it's a way to guide begginers with units without overwhelming them. It will be fast enough to unlock units so veterans shouldn't be worried. Playing with friends grant a XP boost. Quitting a match = no XP.
Unofficial matches (4fun, mods) without XP will exist. SP won't be affected.

02.jpg

Steam integration and XP system - all good in my eyes. Previous games were plagued with quitting players and the whole MP plataform was really bad.

footer_01.jpg

And a summary straight from Steam:

Key features:

• advanced multi-core support
  • advanced shader technology
  • interface and AI improvements, including unit kill counts and squad icon information
  • new multiplayer interface
  • camouflage depending on season
  • fully updated inventory items with new graphics and updated vehicles
  • sound improvements, including voice acting
  • Steam features, including Steam multiplayer, matchmaking, achievements, cloud, player statistics, leaderboards, voice chat, Valve anti-cheat, friends invite and workshop
  • player level up and ranked system
  • in-game video recording, and much more.
Content:

• 15 new single player skirmishes plus 25 reworked ones from the original Assault Squad
  • eight player co-op support and an all new multiplayer 8v8 game mode
  • 65 multiplayer maps and five gamemodes
  • more than 250 vehicles at your command
  • more than 200 soldiers with unique equipment
  • five factions and various battlefields in Europe, Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Pacific
  • direct control every unit as if you were playing a 3rd person shooter
  • development tools such as 3d model exporter and map/mission editor, and much more.

IMO, a must for anyone who likes RTS or WW2.

Upvote 0