• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Melee Attack Suggestions

New Melee Attack Suggestions

• Fists, I'm man enough to duke it out with an armed enemy.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Trench knife, never leave home without it.

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Shovel or entrenching tool. Ever been hit with a shovel?

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • I'd fling my helmet at them "Saving Private Ryan style".

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • "CoD3-Style Struggle Melee" aka "Wrestle with enemy, Grab their gun, and Pop a cap in their a$$".

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I'd surrender. (I'd insert a comment about the French here, but I don't feel cruel tonight)

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
Fists....
The other day in Basovka I was German advancing through the trenches when my weapon was shot aout of my hands.... the Russian apparently had fired his last shot because then he calmly reloaded his bolt and "executed" me. During that short period I was wildly pressing my alt fire to punch him... alah nothing happened because in this game it's not implemented.... I should have tried to run away...

Upvote 0
It doesnt matter,if that soldier had the option to do it,so should you;what makes a game realistic is inflicting penalties to the players,to simulate what would have happened to a real soldier in war.
I agree that the rifle is better,but I just think the option should be there,
because artificial penalties are crap...

Sure he had the option but would any soldier in his right mind do it. Every soldier had the option to go suicide nading, but did they? We in game sure as hell do.

Upvote 0
SheepDip said:
I would actually not like to see the option of going to a melee weapon when you still have your main weapon, freedom of play be damned! In a real combat situation you would not sling your weapon on your back and use a melee weapon to make a kill.

it depends on what kind of weapon you have

if you have a bolt-action rifle and your enemy is only 5 feet away charging you with a bayonet,you would consider to take your shovel and go berserk on him instead of missing the shot and getting stabed

Upvote 0
Sure they wouldnt ZBojnik but afterall this is a game,and you shouldnt have a freedom of choice over the life/death and actions of your avatar,but did soldiers stab their enemies when they came behind them?
Did people (as I often do) bayonet rush a crowd of Russians on their own?
Even if they didnt,you SHOULD be able to even if it gets you killed 9/10 times you do it...

Upvote 0
And in real life you'd just drop your gun and try to pull and ready a shovel while moving and being charged by a bayonet wielding enemy?

No, you wouldn't.

Thinking about this scenario in real combat, the only thing that comes to mind is either, drop to your knee and try to bolt another round in, or rush the enemy and use your rifle to block his stabs, and push him either away or try to disarm him.

Upvote 0
I would actually not like to see the option of going to a melee weapon when you still have your main weapon, freedom of play be damned! In a real combat situation you would not sling your weapon on your back and use a melee weapon to make a kill.

And you would also not run into enemy fire trying to bash the enemy with your rifle, yet it can be done in RO. A simple last resort knife would be good, 3-4 well placed stabs and the enemy can be down.

Upvote 0
And you would also not run into enemy fire trying to bash the enemy with your rifle, yet it can be done in RO. A simple last resort knife would be good, 3-4 well placed stabs and the enemy can be down.

I agree we need last resort weapons, but none you can access unless you've lost your issued weapon in the first place.

Upvote 0