• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Melee Attack Suggestions

New Melee Attack Suggestions

• Fists, I'm man enough to duke it out with an armed enemy.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Trench knife, never leave home without it.

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Shovel or entrenching tool. Ever been hit with a shovel?

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • I'd fling my helmet at them "Saving Private Ryan style".

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • "CoD3-Style Struggle Melee" aka "Wrestle with enemy, Grab their gun, and Pop a cap in their a$$".

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I'd surrender. (I'd insert a comment about the French here, but I don't feel cruel tonight)

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
The point of this thead and poll is basically to summerize and clarify the "Melee Attack with Fists" thread. (Yes, it is 1:55 AM here and I don't have anything better to do.)

The big question: "If your weapon is shot out of your hands, what other method of melee would you use if it was added to the game."

Personally, I think winging your helmet at an enemy "Saving Private Ryan" style would be awsome.:D I also think that beating down a enemy with a entrenching tool or shovel would be a good alternative. The trench knife would be cool to.

Last edited:
A fist is too weak, and won't kill anybody. Hitting somebody with your helmet looks stupid, Struggling and fighting with the person like in COD3 will make you very prone to enemy fire, because his friend is always with him. Surrendering won't work, because a good enemy is a dead one, so he will shoot you.

A trench knife or shovel works fine, and still inflicts good damage.

Upvote 0
Depends on the situation, If im changing german lines and Im not given a weapon to fight with, Id probably pick a shovel. If im close to the enemy, and I had time, id probably take out a trench knife - provided It wasnt attached to the gun I just lost. If im really close I would probably just go for his weapon. All of those are just fine but they all require that you be going 1v1 with your enemy otherwise your toast.

The other option not mention would be running - might be considered cowardly but if you can get to a safe spot and find another weapon your in good shape.

Upvote 0