• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Computer Advice--ASAP!

Tixhal wrote:

6.) 8gb are enough atm, but you can never have too much ram ;) if you can afford it, get a better graphics card (560 ti 1gb for example).

Is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card(MSI Twin Frozr II OC 750 Mhz Powered by NVIDIA), which costs just $41.00 more, better than
the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA GeForce 448 Cores Classified Powered by NVIDIA)???

Various Pros and Cons about the 570 I have read:

ok,
lets see...the standard 560ti you chose isnt bad. its a good mid range card and
i see your using a 24"monitor at 1080 res so your not doing anything really
elaborate. if you really just want to cover your self a little better than the
570 is a better card.

however,
the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA GeForce 448 Cores
Classified Powered by NVIDIA)
is slightly better than the standard 570. it pretty much equals
the 570 superclocked version and is $26 bucks cheaper.

I've been reading that the GTX 570 is a hot card and may
overheat continuously even on easy games

QUOTE] As the GeForce GTX 470 was to the GTX 480, the GTX 570 is a cut
down version of the recently released GTX 580. Thermals and operating efficiency
will remain much the same, as will the features. What has changed is the core
configuration, operating frequencies, and memory bus width, all of which have
been slightly reduced.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

EDIT: If anyone can help out on this question about the Video Card, I would appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ordered the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe EVGA Superclocked video card.

It's a little tricky, but most of the other video cards Cyberpower sells are by a "Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA" which means the card is not manufactured directly by NVIDIA (I think that is a correct conclusion; people talked about that at the Cyberpower Forum).

From what I read, the 570 Video card, overall and for the most part, has slightly higher (just a few) FPS than the GTX 560 Ti 1GB and more significantly higher FPS when playing Civilization V; however it was said it is a rather noisy card, and when I play a video game, I want to hear the game, not the video card.

I know there are better cards but I didn't want to pay a few hundred dollars more for a card; the card on my defunct computer was either an Nivida 8800GT or 8800GTX, so this card, in my opinion, is a substantial improvement over the older one.

Kudos for everyone who helped out on this, especially to tixhal.

Upvote 0
I ordered the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe EVGA Superclocked video card.

It's a little tricky, but most of the other video cards Cyberpower sells are by a "Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA" which means the card is not manufactured directly by NVIDIA (I think that is a correct conclusion; people talked about that at the Cyberpower Forum).

AMD and NVIDIA tend to do that, for example: my 2 video cards, which are both Radeon 6850's are made by XFX. Sometimes you can get something better by a company that manufactures the card rather than the original makers of the card, I believe mine has faster overclocking capabilities and a much long warranty on it.

From what I read, the 570 Video card, overall and for the most part, has slightly higher (just a few) FPS than the GTX 560 Ti 1GB and more significantly higher FPS when playing Civilization V; however it was said it is a rather noisy card, and when I play a video game, I want to hear the game, not the video card.

That happens, so long as you keep your volume above ..,well I guess even a low volume than you won't be hearing your fan, unless you are playing Crysis 2 or BF3 on maximum settings and you aren't shooting off things, but it's just a subtle noise.

I know there are better cards but I didn't want to pay a few hundred dollars more for a card; the card on my defunct computer was either an Nivida 8800GT or 8800GTX, so this card, in my opinion, is a substantial improvement over the older one.

Glad to see that you like it, just wait a year or 2 and you'll find some very good cards from this year for about 200-300 dollars and you can upgrade again :D

Replies are in the Lime font.

Upvote 0

i'm not sure if ati or nvidia actually produce graphics cards themselves for the market. they design them and deliver the reference models and probably the gpu-chips for the various brands. i'm just guessing here.

civ 5 is a b!tch ;) it's one of few games that utilizes the gpu very effectively. the graphics card fan spins at audible speeds all the time, while playing arma2 or other games i can only hear it infrequently.

you skipped 5 generations of graphics cards, i think you will be pleasantly surprised!

no problem, enjoy your new rig :)

Upvote 0