• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New cheat

svgamer

Jul 30, 2006
There is an aimbot/cheat out there that randomly changes the player name after each map change.

If you run into "Player????" (or similar), be warned he/she is using an aimbot program and will change names when the map rotates.

It really ruins the experience. When there are so few servers with active players and low pings to choose from, I am really questioning whether or not it is worth the hassle to put up with such blatant cheating. I may have to shelve RO2 for a while. :mad:

I don't know if they fixed it but if you had a / in your steam name, your name in game would show up as "Playerxxxx" with random numbers. It could probably change after each round, I'm not sure. It was probably just a coincidence that that person was hacking, but having that name doesn't mean cheater, it means bug in the system.

Upvote 0
Playerxxx happens when there are special characters like ( and ) in someone's name. The xxx represents numbers that change every mapload.

I.e. Change your Steam name into svgamer:), join a RO2 server, you're now Playerxxx.

I've reported this bug numerous times in this forum. So far without acknowledgement from the dev's mind you.

Upvote 0
I could have sworn that I saw a message at the bottom middle of my screen that said something like "Player x has changed name to x" or something like that. I remember thinking that I never knew you could change your name in RO2 from your Steam username.

Also, is there a way to change your Steam username to use it as your gamename in RO2, without resetting your stats?

Upvote 0
There is an aimbot/cheat out there that randomly changes the player name after each map change.

If you run into "Player????" (or similar), be warned he/she is using an aimbot program and will change names when the map rotates.

It really ruins the experience. When there are so few servers with active players and low pings to choose from, I am really questioning whether or not it is worth the hassle to put up with such blatant cheating. I may have to shelve RO2 for a while. :mad:
You are an idiot.

Upvote 0
Is this really the type of discourse and response I can expect on these forums?

I expected better from the RO community, but that was clearly a mistake.
You honestly thought that someones internet alias changing was a cheat? You are terrible.

Upvote 0
You honestly thought that someones internet alias changing was a cheat? You are terrible.

Do you know how to read?
Bug or not with the name, the person I spectated was clearly using an aimbot.

I have to assume they are exploiting the bug and using a cheat.

Upvote 0
I could have sworn that I saw a message at the bottom middle of my screen that said something like "Player x has changed name to x" or something like that. I remember thinking that I never knew you could change your name in RO2 from your Steam username.

Also, is there a way to change your Steam username to use it as your gamename in RO2, without resetting your stats?
No hassle, you can change your name ingame and then that message appears for everybody.

Open console: playername "blablabla" enter

Upvote 0
Cheat programs are written to change name in a certain pattern to try to mislead peoples from catching them. OP is right.

Source engine cheats, Quake engine cheats, Unreal engine cheats are all designed that way.

That may be true, but as many of us have already stated, in this game, if you have an odd character in your name then it will come up as Playerxxx as well.

Upvote 0