• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need serious help from serious players

Hi there! :IS2:

(1) :D
I am:

L4 VETERAN Machine Gunner Class XP: 28768/5333
Honor 59/80

L4 VETERAN Marksman Class XP: 6422/5333
Honor 59/80

- How do I become L5 HIGHLY DECORATED?
- Does it have something to do with Honor lvl.59?
- How to raise Honor to lvl.80?

- - - - - -
(2) :D
Seriously I am yet to find a precised keyboard manual showing all game keys - Ok call me an idiot - I am still looking for the "pickup key" for i have never ever picked up successfully anything from the ground.

- - - - - -
(3) :D
Being L4 on Gunner and Marksman, I'd like now to develop my leading skills - OK - I have done the trainings; but when in game, I do not find keyboard keys alowing me to mark things on the map, and I have only found how to use the radio by mistake (I guess)
The only thing I can do is to force re-spawn, and to call aerial survey (which is pretty lame for a Commander to my opinion)

- - - - - -
(4) :D
Campaigns:
Campaigns will give me medals, I want them, but how to start a campaign? - how to find them?
- how long does't it last?
- 1/3 or more?
- who decides what?
- Is it Solo -vs- Bots?

- - - - - -
Thank you for you precised, constructive, enlightening, positives answers.

:)

1. Yes you need to get that Honour level higher. And you do that by playing yer buttocks off, it's a combination of Team Points and kills. This takes a while, trust me, once you hit 70, things slow down to where its almost 5 hours per level (with the way I play some days :x).

2. Default is left-control. You can always check the controls options of course. :p There are cases (like on hills) where you see the weapon in one place, but the server thinks it's in another, and that can cause issues with picking things up.

3. Use the binoculars (slot 5) and then left click while looking through them to set a marker. Squad Leaders can do this too. When you use the radio, you can see several markers, some in Yellow and one in Green. Use the mouse to select the marker you want (which will then turn Green) and then pick the artillery of your choice. ;)

4. Servers running an online campaign will have CP in the TAGS listed along the left column, two of the TWB servers are running it atm. It's still in Beta so don't expect it to work flawlessly. The following is a rough idea of how things work, some things may vary:

Online Campaigns can last varying amounts of time, depending on the server setting, and the skill of the teams. Soo...perhaps 1 hour to maybe 3 hours. It's usually Players V Players unless the server is half empty and has some bots in it.
Initially: both sides start with equal amounts of Manpower and Areas. A side is picked at random to attack an area on a map of Stalingrad, they vote on which enemy area to attack (which has to be next to their areas) and then a map-vote is done (each area has it's own set of possible maps). The match plays out and one side wins the map. At the end, Manpower is deducted from both sides due to lost reinforcements (50% = small amount of Manpower lost, 100% is alot of Manpower lost), if the attacking side failed the attack, they lose 75 Manpower. If the defending side failed to defend, they lose 25 Manpower. After all this, Manpower is awarded for holding areas, roughly 5 Manpower points per area. The winner of the last map chooses whether they attack or not (unless they are on a Manpower less than 75 and the enemy has more than 75), and the whole process starts again.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much Cwivey!

1. Yes you need to get that Honour level higher. And you do that by playing yer buttocks off, it's a combination of Team Points and kills. This takes a while, trust me, once you hit 70, things slow down to where its almost 5 hours per level (with the way I play some days :x).
Ok - So it is not a medal thing, just lvl. getting higher.

2. Default is left-control. You can always check the controls options of course. :p There are cases (like on hills) where you see the weapon in one place, but the server thinks it's in another, and that can cause issues with picking things up.
Honestly I have no idea what is Left-Control. If it the left mousse clic, then it fires when i am on the map.

3. Use the binoculars (slot 5) and then left click while looking through them to set a marker. Squad Leaders can do this too. When you use the radio, you can see several markers, some in Yellow and one in Green. Use the mouse to select the marker you want (which will then turn Green) and then pick the artillery of your choice. ;)
Thank you x1.000.000 (I'm gonna kick some asses)

4. Servers running an online campaign will have CP in the TAGS listed along the left column, two of the TWB servers are running it atm. It's still in Beta so don't expect it to work flawlessly. The following is a rough idea of how things work, some things may vary:
In that case I have played and won XX dozens so far, but my game still says that I have participated to none, 0, nada, nothing, zip :)

Online Campaigns can last varying amounts of time, depending on the server setting, and the skill of the teams. Soo...perhaps 1 hour to maybe 3 hours. It's usually Players V Players unless the server is half empty and has some bots in it.
Initially: both sides start with equal amounts of Manpower and Areas. A side is picked at random to attack an area on a map of Stalingrad, they vote on which enemy area to attack (which has to be next to their areas) and then a map-vote is done (each area has it's own set of possible maps). The match plays out and one side wins the map. At the end, Manpower is deducted from both sides due to lost reinforcements (50% = small amount of Manpower lost, 100% is alot of Manpower lost), if the attacking side failed the attack, they lose 75 Manpower. If the defending side failed to defend, they lose 25 Manpower. After all this, Manpower is awarded for holding areas, roughly 5 Manpower points per area. The winner of the last map chooses whether they attack or not (unless they are on a Manpower less than 75 and the enemy has more than 75), and the whole process starts again.

Again Thank you!

Upvote 0
There's one more thing: You can also set a target by holding down the F key (you do not need binoculars for this) to give you a marker. A tiny menu will appear: Left click to issue a move order, and right click to mark artillery. It's a lot easier to not have to whip out your binoculars sometimes.

Upvote 0
There's one more thing: You can also set a target by holding down the F key (you do not need binoculars for this) to give you a marker. A tiny menu will appear: Left click to issue a move order, and right click to mark artillery. It's a lot easier to not have to whip out your binoculars sometimes.

Whoooooooo +100 on this one, pressing B and having to adjust the direction was giving me a serious headache...

Upvote 0
I take it you're not from 'PC Land'....:cool:
Not that I want to argue, but understanding that every single keyboard keys have a "controlling" purpose, we usually refer the "Ctrl" key as the Ctrl key

i.e. L-Ctrl (key) R-Ctrl (Key)

Anywho..... I am happy for I just got my 10 enemies Arty Kill on the Station map, and I am now lvl.60 !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The purpose of the Ctrl & Alt key are to shift the key board to send special key codes, similarly to the shift key that will cause all keys to be upper case. Normally used when the pc is being used as a communication terminal. Holding the cntrl key & press the "J" will sent the control character "0A" hex which is a line feed, which you couldn't do with just the normal keys

CTRL=Control. Left over from old mainframe computers where it did mean "control".
And FYI, (ALT=Alternate).

Caps Lock = Capital Lock (type in all capital letters or CAPS).

PrtScn = Print Screen (If someone say press the Print Screen key, this is the one you press).

SysRq = (now there's a key of all keys).....(accessed by pressing Alt-PrtScn) copies a bitmap of the current foreground window into the system clipboard.

ScrLk = Scroll Lock The Scroll Lock key was meant to lock all scrolling techniques, and is a remnant from the original IBM PC keyboard, though it is not used by most modern-day software.

And lets not forget the NumLock (Number Lock) and PgUp (Page UP), PgDn (Page Down), Ins (Insert), Del (Delete), or Esc (Escape) keys.

Just sayin'....;)

So many acronyms. Any Word Perfect converts out there? Weren't those the days?

In all seriousness....

You can configure the keyboard just about anyway that you'd like. A listing of all the possible commands can be found by clicking your left mouse button on the Settings tab in the Main Menu. Then click your left mouse button on the Controls tab. You'll have to scroll down the page to see all of the commands. Each should show the default key (and/or mouse button) for each command. You can adjust them and/or combine them as you'd like.

If you find the answer to the yellow circle, I'd be interested to know as I've never seen that playing multi-player.

Upvote 0
One more thing if I may...

Sometimes I come across a player with a BLUE CROSS next to his name,
- what can I do for him?
- What can he do for me?
- How?

Other times I see a player with a yellow circle on his feet,
- what can I do for him?
- What can he do for me?
- How?

Both of those UI effects indicate that the person you're looking at is selected for your Orders, so say you have Squad 1 Selected, all the players in Squad 1 will have this stuff on them. :>

Upvote 0
Hi WAR666

Here's a few tips from me witch perhaps are unnecessary :)

Leading targets can roughly be judged like this.
Imagine that you aim at somebody running sideways at full sprint.
From 50m you'll need to aim ca 1 body width in front of the target. At 100m its ca 2 body widths in front of the target.
If the target is moving towards you at ca 30 degree angle or less, you don't need to lead the target as much.
And so it goes all the way up to 1000m+ just add body widths + elevation.

I don't have a really good measure yet for leading targets at great distances because all the maps are so small.
But I look forward to experiment when we get some really big maps.
BTW. No need to compensate for wind or the earths rotation in RO2 ;)

As you know, you get the range confirmed after you kill somebody.
However. if you're shooting from a new spot it can be very hard to judge the distance.
In that case, if possible. Try a few shots at one of buildings or object near by and watch for the impact mark.

( Turn of automatic reload for bolt rifles in the game options menu.
Or else the immediate reload animation will prevent you from seeing the impact mark.)

So if I aimed at the window frame and the shot went low, I'll adjust the rifle elevation 1 click up etc.
That way you'll have zeroed the range even before somebody pops his head up over the sandbags or peak out the window.

Hitting moving targets from far away is difficult and even more so in RO2 compared to RO1.
As I believe RO2 has some coding issues or changes that makes it very hard to be consistent.
Just saying in case you get frustrated, like me :(

As for ranking up. You get more points by fighting in or engage targets in the cap zone.
And as for playing RS or RO2 in general. My best tip is to always Zig Zag when running for cover.
That's a given fact right! Well there's one more thing you can do, witch will save your *** plenty.
And that is to vary your speed. imagine sprinting 30m over open ground. If you make two short speed changes, you'll have 50% greater chance to make it to cover.

Never try to "scope" the whole field from a position that also exposes you from all sides.
instead, whenever you can, try to leave one side of the body in cover, at all times.
This is very useful when you move forward on the attacker side and even more effective If you are defending.
Try to position yourself in a way that the enemy wont see you before they move into your killing zone.

2cc from an old fart ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This is key for all SL and TL players. I never even bother to use my binoculars anymore, too slow.

Upvote 0
Never try to "scope" the whole field from a position that also exposes you from all sides.
instead, whenever you can, try to leave one side of the body in cover, at all times.
This is very useful when you move forward on the attacker side and even more effective If you are defending.
Try to position yourself in a way that the enemy wont see you before they move into your killing zone.

2cc from an old fart ;)

Priceless advice. If I ever violate this rule of thumb, I die.

Upvote 0