• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Need help on Bayonet

ExoCet-NAW

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
could someone please help us out on this problem we have atm.

animated the M1Garrand for our mod, but the bayonet does not showup ingame.

you can get it to work if you throw away the garrand and pick it back up again. we also have a same problem with secondary weapons., Again if you throw your main weapon away and pick it up again and you can then access your secondary weapons.

thanks ExoCet

could someone please help us out on this problem we have atm.

animated the M1Garrand for our mod, but the bayonet does not showup ingame.

you can get it to work if you throw away the garrand and pick it back up again. we also have a same problem with secondary weapons., Again if you throw your main weapon away and pick it up again and you can then access your secondary weapons.

thanks ExoCet

The problem with bayo's is that they have to be there, somewhere, even when they're not attached. IIRC, the way this is handled by Tripwire is the bayo is scaled WAY down when it's not attached. When you want to attach it, your avatar's hand moves off screen, the bayo is moved to the hand and scaled up, and then you go through the attach animation. I could be wrong.

Is it possible the bayo's not getting scaled up correctly? This would be a coding issue, I'm guessing.

Upvote 0
We have not scaled the bayo at all, I rigged it the same as the Kar98, as that has bayo attatched in the mesh.

so I don't think it's a scaling issue. also when you throw your gun down and pick it back up the bayo then appears fine ?.

looking at the mosin model info file, the Knife model in the exported model is not there, so is somehow culled out, could this be the reason, as our baoynet Model is showing on the exported list and as a bone in the animations browser ?.

Upvote 0
but please what ever you do don't make your Bayonet have teeth! That is considered a War crime to cary a weapon with a bayonet that has the teeth on it. AKA thats why the Russians made theirs be round and more like spears, or pokers than a knife.

Plus if your stabed with a Russian style bayonet your going to blead to death in seconds because it's just like if you got shot by a bullet. Minus the massive volocity though.

Upvote 0
Thanks Gunwing, our bayo does not have teeth on it.

BUT GETTING BACK ON TOPIC, CAN I PLEASE GET SOME ANSWERS HERE.
NOT VERY FORTH COMMING IN MY REQUEST FOR HELP.

Has this got everyone stumped or is everyone just not bothered enough to even hint at an answer.

thanks to Dingbat for at least trying to help, I am sorry for the way this post has come across, but it is holding up our mod till we get it sorted.

Upvote 0