• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nagant should cross-perk with the Berserker

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Pretty nice that the Sharpshooter has a parrying tool, though the increased gun damage with the bayonet stab seems like something that seems more in line with the Berserker's playstyle tbh. I just can't see a situation where the Sharpshooter will ever want to be within arm's reach with a zed since such situations are often where he'll die a quick and painful death.

Yeh it seems a bit pointless... I do play A lot of sharp these days and tbh i can't even see when i would like to use the stab for extra damage... Unless im a complete madman and charge in at the frozen fleshpound to get the bonus, but at that point i will have either my trusty crossbow or something else that deals lots of damage.

Tbh i don't see how bers would benefit of having it either, except maybe stabbing a trash zed and then shooting a husk or a bloat... but thats about it.

Upvote 0
    I don't know about this, I'd hate to see berserkers running around stabbing things with the bayonet. The brunt of the weapon is the gun itself, and I think the parry utility is in Sharp being able to defend themselves against zeds that get close, which they inevitably do in heavily populated games. Even though the berserker has other guns such as the VLAD, the design philosophy is that the zerk has handmade or non-conventional weapons, I.E. a construction tool. the mosin is a traditional weapon in that regard so I don't think it fits, it feels like a "zerks can use this just because it has a knife on it and can parry" and not because it should be. I feel the same way about the pulverizer for the demo, it just feels like it's there because it has explosive damage and demo is explosive and no other reason.

Upvote 0