• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my thoughts/suggestion

Ammonium nitrate by itself is a tertiary explosive meaning that its super stable. Adding stuff as aluminium or fuel oil makes it slightly more unstable and become a secondary explosive.

You still need quite a heavy shockwave to detonate it, and it got a minimal density before it can explode. So unless you got a lot of quite pure stuff compressed into something like a stick a bullet probably won't be enough and you'll need something like a detonator cap.

When I was having fun with blowing holes in the ground, it was considerably harder to detonate stuff than I initially thought. Finding high quality ammonium nitrate is actually quite hard these days as well. Although And you definitely need to filter it out of consumer fertilizers and purify it before you can even use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1) grenades should cause a viewshack and/or blur if you get hit directly(at the head).
If you get hit in the head with a grenade, you're gonna get more than blurry vision, you're gonna get knocked out 99% of the time. Grenades are made of metal and are at least twice as heavy as a baseball. That's a concussion right there

Upvote 0