• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my god i have seen a real is2 and more..

The Beast (nl)

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
I am on vacation in valkenburg / holland.
About 1 hour driving brings me to the warmuseum at overloon.

At the entrance stands a real IS2. When i get in the huge buildings i see 2xT34, a panther, 3 russians halvetracks (ROost), a stug, many shermans and many, many other tanks and vehicels. Too much to name it. Even tanks from this time fe, a dutch leopard.

Because i am using a iphone now, its impossible to upload them.

You have to wait about a week.

It is a day of my life.

Found some pix we took when there.
I may have been drunk at the time.

AmphibioMonster -

overloon1.jpg

And as I am from Scotland , taken also at Overloon -
overloon2.jpg

Upvote 0
Most of the vehicles in Overloon where brought in by a Duth industrial named Jaap de Groot. He died last april at age 88. He was founder of the Marshall museum. He wanted every vehicle to actually work.
The old Marshall museum was situated in Zwijndrecht but the vehicles where brought to Overloon some years ago.

Back in 2003 I had a chance to visit the old museum while it was closed and off course manage to get backstage :IS2:
It had numerous ammounts of WW2 spare parts in crates and grease. And uniforms and weapons to pick. Off course weapons where disabled as Dutch law requires that. I will seek my cd's for pictures.... Funny stuff.

http://www.marshallmuseum.nl/US/historie.htm

Reactions: The Beast (nl)
Upvote 0
Yes now i remember him. So it are his vehicles and tanks.didn't know he has passed.

I was thinking there how they putted the tanks in the buildings.
Now i read that the tanks can drive. Thanks for the hint.

I have been there when i was 16 and there were only tanks and vehicles of the local battle.

I was really surprised today. But also to see the uniforms, rifles, guns and granades.

Upvote 0