• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Total Game Balance + Gunslinger Perk (ScrN Balance)

I guess this is a question for poosh.

I run a small 6 person server using SCRN Balance and Serverperks. I also have the Brute Gunner installed.

I'm currently running v 5.21, which I believe to be the most current version. I was not having the issue with the previous major release, and I do not have the issue when I set the server to vanilla Killing Floor mode.

The issue im having comes up when I use admin powers or cheats to alter player inventory. Specifically, whenever I overload players with items, they start uncontrollably shedding items until they are down below the legal limit. This is highly irritating, and results in glitched weapon drops that persist through the usual garbage pickup for items each round. It also tends to unbalance the game more than I'd intended, giving players i may not have intended to benefit access to free weapons just by following a shedding player. I guess I could completely stop dropping item packs on my players, but I find that doing so from time to time keeps traffic on my server elevated, and a demonstrably active admin is rarely a bad thing.

So is there any way to go back to the old behavior with inventory overload? That is to say, you can't pick up new items, but you don't start losing the old ones uncontrollably until you are below capacity.

Please let me know if you need any logs or anything to troubleshoot. I'm really annoyed by this issue, and it seems to pertain to SCRN Balance directly.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Wait, I didn't got it. Are you discontent about ScrnBalance doesn't allow to cheat?!

No, no, that's not it.

Cheating isn't the problem. If I want to cheat, i'll just turn god mode on for everybody. But that's stupid.

The problem is when you're trying to help the players, without taking away all the challenge. So, like if you drop a big gun on someone who needs it, and you didn't take the time to ask them their carry weight, you can't know if they're going to be overloaded.
In the previous version, this worked as intended. In this version, the player in question just starts shedding weapons uncontrollably every time they switch, like i said.
It only does this in the most recent SCRN and not in any other mode.

I mean, if you intentionally included and anti cheat routine for some reason, i guess that would explain it. Still, a lot of people on the server like it when I cheat in their favor. Although, I also use admin to spawn extra Fleshpounds and Scrakes from time to time to make people's lives more interesting.

So, to summarize. The problem is that an overloaded inventory starts spitting weapons out on to the ground. Is there any reason for this?

Nice work on the balance, by the way. I'm enjoying using it very much. :eek:

Upvote 0
Since v5.20 max weight is recalculating after each wave. This is made for the cases, when dynamic level cap is enabled and there are more than 6 players on the server. If more player joins, perk cap is raising, so Support Spec. can carry more. If some players leave the server, perk cap is lowers, lowering max carry weight for Supports too. All guns that you can't carry anymore is dropped on the ground the same way as they do after changing from Support Spec. to other perk in regular game.

Upvote 0
Since v5.20 max weight is recalculating after each wave. This is made for the cases, when dynamic level cap is enabled and there are more than 6 players on the server. If more player joins, perk cap is raising, so Support Spec. can carry more. If some players leave the server, perk cap is lowers, lowering max carry weight for Supports too. All guns that you can't carry anymore is dropped on the ground the same way as they do after changing from Support Spec. to other perk in regular game.

OK. Well thanks for explicating that bit. I don't want to be that guy that asks for you to patch a feature. So, I guess I'll just try to avoid dropping heavy items on people. If I have to, I can just drop cash on people instead. Not the best solution, but it will do in a pinch.

Generally, I do play the game straight, but sometimes frustration levels rise to high, or it's late and everyone wants to mess around.

At least there's a good reason that the mod started behaving this way, so I can take comfort in knowing that the irritation is at least compensated for by the support class running at correct speed.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Dinamix said:
Hi Posh, could you add a new feature (option) in the next update that medics couldn't get xp for healing themself, because it's annoying when other medic players aren't playing, but damaging themself and healing with healing grenades.

I've been meaning to ask the same thing, so I'm glad Dinamix brought this up. I've had to kick someone off my server on a couple occasions for abusing this 'bug' (please, please don't tell me it's a 'feature' >.>).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the crossbow only meant to be $299 for level 6 sharpshooters?
Yes. Every level 6 perk spawns with $300 worth gun.

Also, is a single magnum supposed to have max 66 rounds?
Yes. MK23 weights 3 blocks and has 144 ammo. Magnum weights 2 blocks, but has only 66 ammo. Dual-magnums double the weight (4) and double the ammo amount (132). Dual-mk23 only add +1 weight (4), but don't add extra ammo (144).

@ Dinamix & PotentiaLeaena
I wouldn't call damaging yourself to heal and raise medic perk an exploit. It is just stupid. You can't use medic guns on yourself, so self-healing is grants you much slower perk progression than healing teammates. Anyway, farming plonkers can be blamed, kicked or banned.

Upvote 0
Is there somewhere I can get a new audio file for perk level up (or the old vanilla one)?

Don't you like PROMOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEED!!! sound? ;)

Well, you can delete ScrnSnd.uax file - then the original sound will be used. Or you can edit it with KFEditor and replace it with custom .wav file. It won't be causing version mismatches, clients just will re-download modified sound file from the server.

Upvote 0
Yes. Every level 6 perk spawns with $300 worth gun.

Yes. MK23 weights 3 blocks and has 144 ammo. Magnum weights 2 blocks, but has only 66 ammo. Dual-magnums double the weight (4) and double the ammo amount (132). Dual-mk23 only add +1 weight (4), but don't add extra ammo (144).

@ Dinamix & PotentiaLeaena
I wouldn't call damaging yourself to heal and raise medic perk an exploit. It is just stupid. You can't use medic guns on yourself, so self-healing is grants you much slower perk progression than healing teammates. Anyway, farming plonkers can be blamed, kicked or banned.

As I mentioned it would be as a feature (wich can be turned off/on). Moreover not every time admins are online cheking players if they are "farming". As in my server medics has Medic robots, medic grenade launchers (other). So they come at night and "farming" other players ofcourse tries to take a picture and sends to me and I take action, but sometimes I find few guys with same nickname ,from database. and it take more time to figure it out who did it.

Upvote 0
I installed this mod, but other people can't connect to me over LAN. I added this mod to ServerPackages, and they also have the mod themselves.

No need to add it to ServerPackages. What version are you using: server (ScrnBalanceSrv) or workshop (ScrnBalance)? Listen or dedicated server? Do clients receive any error messages? Are clients able to connect, if you're running whitelisted server (no mutators)? Do you have ServerPerks installed?

Upvote 0
Clients can connect in every circumstance, until I add ScrnBalance and ServerPerks. ServerPerks by itself works fine. I'm using the workshop version on both the host and client. I'm hosting a Listen Server. I have ServerPerks installed, also through the workshop.

It just hangs on the black connecting screen. There's also a lot of network activity once the client tries to connect, so I decided to let it sit there for an hour or so, but it just stays stuck.

Upvote 0
Tbh I haven't tried listen server for a while. Can you try the following please:
Press Dedicated button instead of Listen and check if clients will be able to connect.
Check last lines of your KillingFloor.log file, when client is trying to connect. Maybe there will be some hints of what is going on.
Ask clients to check their KillingFloor.log files during the connection. It is easier to start KF in windowed mode and Alt+Tab then. Or even force-close KF by ending process in the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc)

Upvote 0