• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Mutator] Server Messages + Admin Say

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Description:
This is a two part mutator. I found ServerAds for KF1 limited using the built in messaging system so I created this to write directly to the HUD.

With the messages you have the option of choosing any RGB colour, text size/location/display time along with a few variables such as: players/slots/mapname/servername/difficulty

For Admin Say the text is displayed center of screen with the option of choosing a few predefined colours, text size and display time.

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Install:
There's a lot to configure so read the included instructions.txt
Launch line: ?Mutator=ServerMsgs.ServerMsgsMut

Other:
This is a work in progress. The variables are not yet updated in real time, only when a message is sent from the server to a client.
I referenced Marco's Dmg Mutator for writing to the HUD.

Currently DERANKS server

Download:
KF2ServerMsgs1-1.rar

Change log:
1.1 Update:
-Fixed difficulty display
-Now can use single digits for RGB colours
-AdminSay can now use RGB digits for colours

Last edited:
Reactions: Patros and duk6046

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Will you submit this mutator to white list once you'll have completed a final version? I see mods that could be white listed but creators never submitted them to white listing so I don't use them. Hope you think about it in the future it will make it more popular if it does not unrank server ;)

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
I do plan on submitting it. Wanted some feedback on usability, suggestions, etc. And if I can figure out how webadmin works I'd like to make it a simple configuration via webadmin

duk6046

Jul 15, 2009
New server message mutator come out! thanks

Problems/suggests:
1.Not appear in spectator (no players, only spectator)
2.Difficulty is show incorrectly
3.Single~Double digit value color is not work
4.Need %playerscount%

Last edited:

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
duk6046;n2308489 said:
New server message mutator come out! thanks

Problems/suggests:
1.Not appear in spectator (no players, only spectator)
2.Difficulty is show incorrectly
3.Single~Double digit value color is not work
4.Need %playerscount%
1. I never tested spectator mode. There isn't any checks to prevent spectator so it should have worked. I'll take a look.
2. Worked fine for me. Every time I tested the difficulty it showed up properly. Are you running a game changing mod?
3. That was intentional in the beginning. I plan on making single/double digits work the for next update or a better method for setting colours.
4. %players% is the player count. Unless you mean something different?

Patros;n2308708 said:
There seems to be some overlap with https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...ds-serveractor

Code at: https://github.com/wookiefriseur/KF2-BRTSServerAds

Maybe we could combine the 2 mutators (chat messages + HUD messages), if you think it makes sense. I don't have much experience in Unrealscript and I don't really like it but I can try to help coding.
As I said in the OP, this was more of a replacement because chat messages is extremely limited on what can be done with it for options.

duk6046

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks, you maybe just missing a %players% in instructions.txt..
I use this on RPG server(hardmodeboss). difficulty is HOE, but it is shows as Hard or Unknown

Last edited:

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Updated.

duk6046;n2308765 said:
Thanks, you maybe just missing a %players% in instructions.txt..
I use this on RPG server(hardmodeboss). difficulty is HOE, but it is shows as Hard or Unknown
Thanks, I had forgotten to add that variable. The difficultly was a mistake on my part. It should work correctly and you can use single digits for colours now. I haven't looked at the spectator part yet.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Just a reminder, if you do not plan on releasing many updates, maybe go for whitelist now instead of waiting for final version :) this way more people will use it.

White listing process may take long time too so.. you decide but I think not waiting anymore if you don't have updates coming soon would be good.