• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] No bandages

Got it to work. Take a look at the attached image and you see that the NoBandages mutator is active.

The trick is actually very easy. The most important thing is Do NOT create a script folder in your servers cookedpcserver folder. If you do create it, then your server will already crash when starting it (looks as if the server is trying to execute/load any .u file sitting in the cookedpcserver\scripts folder).
So where does the .u file go? Well simply in the cookedpcserver folder. And that's about all it takes.

To load and use the mutator you go to Change Map and select any map. Next type in the Additional URL variables field ?mutator=NoBandages.NoBandages

That's all. It's actually almost the same as described in the OP.

I must have done something wrong in my first try, because that time it didn't load (by the way, it doesn't matter if your server is ranked or unranked before activating the mutator).

I still haven't figured out on how to add the mutator to the mutators list in the web-admin tool.

Please note that your server will become unranked if you use any mutator.

Attachments

• NoBandages.jpg
    NoBandages.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Id swear blind I did exactly what Ducky has done :confused:

Oh well, glad someone got it to work :)

Well I had the same feeling. I did those same steps before too, but it didn't work. Now today I tried it again and it did work.
Well there was one difference which I think did the trick. I restarted the server after putting the mutator in cookedpcserver. At my first attempt I didn't.

Upvote 0
FBX said:
To install (dedicated server):
unzip to:
Code:
My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Published\CookedPCServer
To test (dedicated server):
restart the server if its already running
When selecting a map, add "?mutator=NoBandages.NoBandages" to the "Additional URL Variables" field
Note: server will become unranked if its ranked

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my previous post. A dedicated server does not have a My Games folder tree like we have on our own PCs. For the dedicated server the .u file needs to go into:
Code:
rogame\cookedpcserver
It's exactly the same location as where all RO2 stock maps and script files are sitting on a RO2 server.

FBX said:
Credit goes to Ducky for being first to figure out how to get this stuff running on a dedicated server

Also credits to FBX, because one of his other posts put me in the right direction on how to setup a mutator

Upvote 0