• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] end wave Bonus Stage/Boss Time

Spoiler!

How would i make 100 Broodling to the first Boss wave? Please look ( please ignore any spaces caused by weird copy & paste)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi MissBot,

I haven't tested this, but it should work. But in order to support the health/speed modifications it is required to create a WTFZombies BOSS package.

This because the mutator gets the default health/speed from the BASE class and then apply the health/speed scaling to the BOSS class.
zombies=(Base="base-class",Boss="boss-class")
So if the specimen health is 100 (from BASE class) and the scaling is 1.5 then the specimen health will be 150 (health of the BOSS class). But if the BOSS and the BASE class are the same then **** happens: the health of the BASE class is changed! (this occurs every wave, lol). Then every wave the specimen gets stronger!
So set the health/speed scaling to 1 to avoid this.

I'll implement soon a BOSS package for the other specimens (doom2003, wtf, etc). It is straight forward, take a look in the BZombies/SZombies packages.
(the SZombies package just changes the controller class, and the BZombies is a "dummy" class)

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi subzero,
I never tested this mutator in solo mode.
Probably the mutator is not listed in the mutator list due to the buggy .ucl file (again, thanks to zhidd for pointing this out).
Attached to this post is a fixed KFBossSquadB2.ucl file, unzip in the System folder and check if you can enable the mutator.

BenioX, the changes have a great impact in the implementation and this will require time and lots of testing - the mutator now is pretty stable (even for a beta release). I really want to hear the TWI's opinion about this mutator - they must define what's needs to be changed in order to place this in the whitelist. And ofc before start coding, or we are just wasting time.

Attachments

• KFBossSquadB2.zip
    735 bytes · Views: 3
Upvote 0
BenioX, the changes have a great impact in the implementation and this will require time and lots of testing - the mutator now is pretty stable (even for a beta release). I really want to hear the TWI's opinion about this mutator - they must define what's needs to be changed in order to place this in the whitelist. And ofc before start coding, or we are just wasting time.
Okay, I understand, but did you contact TWI about it? Are you going to? :confused:

Upvote 0
I'll implement soon a BOSS package for the other specimens (doom2003, wtf, etc). It is straight forward, take a look in the BZombies/SZombies packages.
(the SZombies package just changes the controller class, and the BZombies is a "dummy" class)

Hi KingSumo, how's the progress for other packages?

I'd like to put other as boss and off as mutators but they are invisible (WTF 1.4, hiyokomod zeds) to others on my LAN Server. They are only visible when mutator is on. But I don't want them to include in normal waves. Are there rag doll files for WTF and hiyokomod zeds in order for them to be visible?

Upvote 0
You can use the below workaround by now:

To fix the invisible WTF zeds issue, add in the [Engine.GameEngine] section:
ServerPackages=WTF

To add the Bloatzilla as boss:
Zombies=(Base="KFChar.ZombieBloat",Boss="WTF.WTFZombiesBloatzilla")
Squads=(ZedClass=("WTF.WTFZombiesBloatzilla"),NumZeds=(1))
(remove spaces ofc)

Notice in the above configuration the ZombieBloat class is set as BASE. By doing this you can scale the health speed without problems. This is valid only if you are not enabling the WTF mutator! (otherwise do not scale)

The same is valid for doom monsters:
1. add the serverpackages line:
ServerPackages=Doom3KFBeta4

2. to add CyberDemon:
Zombies=(Base="KFChar.ZombieClot",Boss="Doom3KFBeta4.CyberDemon")
Squads=(ZedClass=("Doom3KFBeta4.CyberDemon"),NumZeds=(1))
(if you don't scale, this cyberdemon will have the health/speed of a clot)

Upvote 0
Is this going to be updated King Sumo?

I'd like on the next update to

1. increase no. of zeds on boss time at least to 100. Right now, squads don't show when it is above 20+ (tested in listen). It's a problem on 6/6 server or greater since squads multiply based on players.

2. disable life boost on bonus stage

3. edit boss time music for every boss time/bonus stage. I'm frustrated when creating/editing music in .int file for custom maps. It's a hit & miss, some are working and some don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see the mut list, but how can I configure the bonus wave / boss time ??? I'm lost :(
Sorry if i misssomething, i'm french and all that stuff is hard to understand....
You have to manually edit the killingfloor.ini file, find the [KFBossSquadB3.BSGameType] section then edit the Squads. Fell free to PM me if you have further questions.

Upvote 0