• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Advanced Suppression {Alpha}

FBX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
Changes:
1. When fatigued, sensitivity becomes constantly randomized, making it more difficult to aim
2. When suppressed, sensitivity increases, making it more difficult to aim
3. Suppression recovers slower
4. Minimum threshold for stress from shots increased (i.e. being shot at will set your stress to at least a certain level)
5. Bullets inflict a minimum amount of stress

Known Issues:
The current game has weird stress quirks that defeat the mechanics of this at times. For example, as a german, killing enemy soldiers makes you resistant to being suppressed. As Russians, blobbing together and sprinting makes you resistant to being suppressed. Likewise, taking cover makes you resistant, etc.

Possible Issues:
Sensitivity changes may be too extreme or too weak depending on your configuration
May not work at all on a dedicated server or may crash

Installation instructions:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=74511

Values are tweakable so please give feedback on how they are for you.

To test (listen server):
Open console with ~
Type the following:
Code:
Open te-apartments?minplayers=32?maxplayers=32?mutator=AdvancedSuppression.AdvancedSuppression
Code was updated 1/19/2012 with some fixes, improvements, and tweaks

Attachments

• AdvancedSuppression.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ARe you sure it should be placed there? My RO2 report load failures (class not found) if I put mu mutators at that location. However they do work if I put them in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\commonRedOrchestra2\ROGame\CookedPC\Script

No I'm not sure, but he said that we should check his other topic for information how to install, and thats what the opening post there told :)

Upvote 0
Nice work FBX, you're on fire at the moment :) I'm thinking your mutators could even form an official part of the new ultra-realism mode, so they ultimately don't have to be mutators and therefore don't have to be optional/in addition to standard RO2. I hope TWI are watching. Well, you know... after they get back from their cruise :)

Excellent work, thanks for your efforts :)

Reactions: Ducky
Upvote 0
Doesn't matter. This modifies the sensitivity variable that is set when you set your options, but doesn't save the changes.

If someone gets this working properly on a dedicated server, please let me know. Easy way to test is sprint until your out of stamina then look for inconsistent mouse sensitivity which indicates that the randomness is working. I wasn't sure if I need to make a function simulated or not and I can't trust that it works on a listen server.

Reactions: Ducky
Upvote 0
Doesn't matter. This modifies the sensitivity variable that is set when you set your options, but doesn't save the changes.

If someone gets this working properly on a dedicated server, please let me know. Easy way to test is sprint until your out of stamina then look for inconsistent mouse sensitivity which indicates that the randomness is working. I wasn't sure if I need to make a function simulated or not and I can't trust that it works on a listen server.

I can put it on my server later on today (when I'm back home). I will let you know when it's running. Then you can join that server and test your mutator.

Upvote 0
ok, after i downloaded the client files from the ogledow thread, I was able to connect. It also downloaded my mutator. However it doesn't appear to be working. Just to double check, you have the latest version (dated 1/19), right?

Also, I noticed when I would try using two mutators, one wouldn't work. I'm not sure how you're loading them, but I think when I used "?mutator=foo.foo?mutator=bar.bar" the first mutator, foo.foo, wouldn't execute. I'm not sure if you're supposed to load multiple mutators differently or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok, after i downloaded the client files from the ogledow thread, I was able to connect. It also downloaded my mutator. However it doesn't appear to be working. Just to double check, you have the latest version (dated 1/19), right?

Also, I noticed when I would try using two mutators, one wouldn't work. I'm not sure how you're loading them, but I think when I used "?mutator=foo.foo?mutator=bar.bar" the first mutator, foo.foo, wouldn't execute. I'm not sure if you're supposed to load multiple mutators differently or not.

The URL that I used on my server to load both mutators is
Code:
?Mutator=HullMGMutator.HullMGMutator,AdvancedSuppression.AdvancedSuppression

In the server logs I can see that both mutators are found and loaded. To bad the 'log macro doesn't work or else we could at least see if they are actually running.
The problem with mutators is that one mutator can 'kill' an other mutator if the base class functions aren't called from out of the overloaded functions. I've checked my code again and they calls to the base class functions are all there.
I will swap the order of the mutators in that URL (yours 1st and then mine) and try it out.

PS: Yesterday I did download your latest version (the zip file in your OP), so I assume that I do have the latest version. Maybe it would be a good idea if we add an '_B#' to the zip files (the zip files, not the files in the zip files). Then we can at least refer to a certain file release. Basically the same approach as Six_Ten and BOH-Reckruit do for there maps.

Upvote 0
Nah, mine isn't working. It should be obvious when mine works. Your mutator code looks fine, although when calling the super function you should pass the same variables the function was originally called with.

Easiest way to tell if there is a conflict is to just load only one, probably mine since its pretty easy to test

Just chuck a grenade and dive near it so you get stressed. The stress bar should jitter a little and the regen rate should overall slow down as you get less stress.

I need to set-up a dedicated when I get the time...

Last edited:
Upvote 0