• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

music in custom maps... why not?

Sgt Jigglebelly

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
did a search, got nothing relative to this question under 'music', though i'm guessing it's probably been commented on at least to some extent in here somewhere, but...

when are we going to get some custom music that comes with these maps? do they just not have that music trigger in them? do people just need to pack them in the .rar's with the int files for default music from the game to have it or something? just kindly wondering, what's the deal, cuz these customs are really neat, but i need some of that music to kill to :)

Most people get maps by downloading them from the server. The server will not send music files. A few of the maps that have been made have music, I see them when I grab the map myself, but the people I play with never hear them because they're downloading from my server. It IS possible to add music so that it is included with the map, but it shouldn't be used since involves wave files (meaning either huge file sizes, or crappy quality).

If you want music you'll have to go around and download the maps yourself, some do have music included with them to improve the feel of the map.

Upvote 0
It IS possible to add music so that it is included with the map, but it shouldn't be used since involves wave files (meaning either huge file sizes, or crappy quality).

not true, you just need to find an mp3 to ogg. converter, it's what i used and sound quality is fine and music file size is not bad either, infact i have a different track set for each wave rather than 1 track constantly looping!

Upvote 0
not true, you just need to find an mp3 to ogg. converter, it's what i used and sound quality is fine and music file size is not bad either, infact i have a different track set for each wave rather than 1 track constantly looping!

So after converting to ogg, where do we place to file so people who join the server download it ?

im using apache for the maps, can the same be used for music to?

Upvote 0
if music needs to be added to a map putting it in the mylevel place should work.

Since the rom will be compressed as well generally the filesize of a compressed rom with included ogg files should not be any bigger than a compressed rom with seperately compressed ogg files. (that as said will not be pushed by the redirect in the first place).

Upvote 0