• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Multiplayer Campaign?

evil lemon325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Taken from today's What We are Up To post:

The first change, which has already been introduced in the beta, has been to turn on Multiplayer Campaign.

No one has brought this up at all yet. Multiplayer campaign is live? Right now? We've been asking for this for a while now haven't we?

I deleted the beta to save space since the GOTY update, and bandwidth is shot right now plus the new Tf2 update and CS:GO are taking up my time, but can someone confirm that MP campaign is playable right now?

Taken from today's What We are Up To post:

No one has brought this up at all yet. Multiplayer campaign is live? Right now? We've been asking for this for a while now haven't we?

I deleted the beta to save space since the GOTY update, and bandwidth is shot right now plus the new Tf2 update and CS:GO are taking up my time, but can someone confirm that MP campaign is playable right now?

It is playable right now, we will be putting the server up at select times so we can get a critical mass of players on it.

Upvote 0
Combined with a little bit of reinforcments managment if my memory serves me well.

Attack and defend your way to victory over a long standing set of battles!

AKA: Make sure you don't have anything else to do for the next few hours :p

Added:

I see 1 player online and zero servers.

I understand that the "server" will only be up on select times, so I guess that means there will only be one available server at select times and no more than one server?

Am I also to assume that the select times will be North American select times?

Almost sounds like there won't be much opportunity for many people to test it out if it's only one server and only at select times.... even if it is a 64 player server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, I thought all it would be is just SP campaign with 3-4 more mates to fight against hordes of bots, but if it's something what has been mentioned before, which is namely proper tactical warfare in Stalingrad, I'm now quite interested in what it plays like.

Woudn't it be lovely if TWI made a huge 1:1 Stalingrad map and there would be 300v300 people fighting on it with commanders setting certain objectives to achieve? :IS2:

Upvote 0
Hmm, I thought all it would be is just SP campaign with 3-4 more mates to fight against hordes of bots, but if it's something what has been mentioned before, which is namely proper tactical warfare in Stalingrad, I'm now quite interested in what it plays like.

Woudn't it be lovely if TWI made a huge 1:1 Stalingrad map and there would be 300v300 people fighting on it with commanders setting certain objectives to achieve? :IS2:

:(

Upvote 0

There was already a lot hate for the existence of 64 player servers, in fact a huge thread was started for the purpose of getting rid of them across the board. What exactly do you think larger server caps will bring exactly? Not that it wouldnt be a completely awesome experience , but its just not feasible given the game and attitudes of the community.

Upvote 0
There was already a lot hate for the existence of 64 player servers, in fact a huge thread was started for the purpose of getting rid of them across the board. What exactly do you think larger server caps will bring exactly? Not that it wouldnt be a completely awesome experience , but its just not feasible given the game and attitudes of the community.

Playing 300v300 on Apartments might be interesting but rather not enjoyable. I was thinking more of something like Arma but in WW2 Stalingrad.

But nah, the suggestion was a joke and firstly, the engine wouldn't be able to survive loading such a gigantic map, and if something like that would be released, it should be an expansion pack or something due to major changes needed to be made in a game

Upvote 0
seems we're still waiting for "critical mass". ;)

Chicken and the Egg syndrome?

Waiting for more players to release it or are the players waiting for it to be released before they come back & tell their pals to join in?

I heard a number of positive things from those who got to try it out in Beta, and then the MP Campaign vanished like a kitten shot with a phaser set to kill..... What happened?

Upvote 0