• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more weapons

Lemonater47;n2306420 said:
The only wildly used weapon in that list is the PPS.

You kidding me?

.38's were standard issue to pilots, SoF and certain parts of the army (Such as the tunnel rats)

MP-40's were amongst some of the most popular firearms used by the Vietnamese on both sides.

870's were extremely common in US and ANZAC forces.

Car-15's I'm not even going to argue as they're already being introduced in a few months...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2306423 said:
You kidding me?

.38's were standard issue to pilots, SoF and certain parts of the army (Such as the tunnel rats)

MP-40's were amongst some of the most popular firearms used by the Vietnamese on both sides.

870's were extremely common in US and ANZAC forces.

Car-15's I'm not even going to argue as they're already being introduced in a few months...

The M1911 was standard issue to pilots. .38s were supplementary weapons.

MP40s were used in small numbers by the French in the first indochina war. Some also came packaged in the soviet weapon shipments. The MP40 only lasted through the whole thing because of its calibre.

The 870 didn't even come close to the amount of M37s there were. The Stevens 77E was more common. But was for rear troops to replace pretty much every other weapon. The 870 did however become extremely popular due to the Vietnam war. But prior to that military sales had been underwhelming. Even though today it's one of the most common shotguns.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2306430 said:
The M1911 was standard issue to pilots. .38s were supplementary weapons.

MP40s were used in small numbers by the French in the first indochina war. Some also came packaged in the soviet weapon shipments. The MP40 only lasted through the whole thing because of its calibre.

The 870 didn't even come close to the amount of M37s there were. The Stevens 77E was more common. But was for rear troops to replace pretty much every other weapon. The 870 did however become extremely popular due to the Vietnam war. But prior to that military sales had been underwhelming. Even though today it's one of the most common shotguns.

.38s weren't standard, but they extremely common nonetheless. They were used more than the M1917 at least.

MP40s were supplied by both the USSR and USA. The USA provided them to RF/PF and CIDG units, while the USSR provided them to the NLF.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2306531 said:
.38s weren't standard, but they extremely common nonetheless. They were used more than the M1917 at least.

MP40s were supplied by both the USSR and USA. The USA provided them to RF/PF and CIDG units, while the USSR provided them to the NLF.

And you know how the USA got them? From the French. Don't see any special forces in game.

Also tell me how a .38 revolver is better than a .45 revolver in the context of the game?

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2306533 said:
And you know how the USA got them? From the French. Don't see any special forces in game.

Also tell me how a .38 revolver is better than a .45 revolver in the context of the game?

Need I remind you that the Western Front of WW2 was a thing? Both the USSR and USA captured a bunch of MP40s from Germany and shipped them to other countries to try and have plausible deniability to their involvement. Not to mention how the RF/PF and NLF aren't special forces.

As for the revolver, a .38 revolver is completely inferior to a .45 revolver, which is completely inferior to a .45 semi automatic pistol.
It was simply common enough in real life to have a place in the game, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Arisaka99;n2306549 said:
Need I remind you that the Western Front of WW2 was a thing? Both the USSR and USA captured a bunch of MP40s from Germany and shipped them to other countries to try and have plausible deniability to their involvement. Not to mention how the RF/PF and NLF aren't special forces.

As for the revolver, a .38 revolver is completely inferior to a .45 revolver, which is completely inferior to a .45 semi automatic pistol.
It was simply common enough in real life to have a place in the game, in my opinion.

Ahh you see, people pick revolver or self loading. If you have 2 revolvers people are just gonna pick the better revolver. The .38 needs to actually offer something. Which it never will over the M1917. In any aspect.

And no the US didn't ship a boatload of MP40s to Vietnam lol. All MP40s in US hands were locally acquired and ONLY used by special forces. The RF/PF aren't god damn American either if you hadn't noticed. The total number of MP40s would still be Extremely low. The majority of them would have ended up on the Northern side and for a WW2 weapon they only made 1.1 million of them from 1938-45. That a slower rate of production when you compare it to the STG44 or G43. The attrition rate on those MP40s were high and MOST of them were lost to history rather than captured by any form of army official.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2306576 said:
Ahh you see, people pick revolver or self loading. If you have 2 revolvers people are just gonna pick the better revolver. The .38 needs to actually offer something. Which it never will over the M1917. In any aspect.

And no the US didn't ship a boatload of MP40s to Vietnam lol. All MP40s in US hands were locally acquired and ONLY used by special forces. The RF/PF aren't god damn American either if you hadn't noticed. The total number of MP40s would still be Extremely low. The majority of them would have ended up on the Northern side and for a WW2 weapon they only made 1.1 million of them from 1938-45. That a slower rate of production when you compare it to the STG44 or G43. The attrition rate on those MP40s were high and MOST of them were lost to history rather than captured by any form of army official.

There are people that take the Makarov for the minuscule reduction in recoil, people WILL do the same with a .38 revolver.
I'm mostly referring to the Northern side for MP40 usage anyway, I simply mentioned South Vietnamese Government militia forces as an example of guys that used MP40s, most of the guys using them would be VC.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2306533 said:

What about Vietcong and ARVN?
mp40montgnard1960s.jpg

Tens of thousands of these submachine guns were captured by the Soviets during WWII. Along with the 98k rifle, they were the most common WWII German firearm encountered by American troops during the Vietnam War. It was also one of the few pieces of WWII German hardware used by both sides

More accurate cartridge , less trigger pull, faster rate of fire, less recoil.

Don't know why you're still arguing really, you've pretty much admitted that these weapons were in use during, and until the end of the Vietnam war..

Upvote 0
Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz;n2306593 said:
What about Vietcong and ARVN?
mp40montgnard1960s.jpg

Tens of thousands of these submachine guns were captured by the Soviets during WWII. Along with the 98k rifle, they were the most common WWII German firearm encountered by American troops during the Vietnam War. It was also one of the few pieces of WWII German hardware used by both sides

More accurate cartridge , less trigger pull, faster rate of fire, less recoil.

Don't know why you're still arguing really, you've pretty much admitted that these weapons were in use during, and until the end of the Vietnam war..

I mostly agree, but the ARVN had no need for MP40s, Government militia groups did however.
I'm really just nitpicking and being an ass.

Upvote 0
The M1917 is already the most accurate pistol in the game, more so than the TT-33 which used to be the most accurate. Trigger pull between a .38 and M1917 is going to be negligible which makes recoil pretty damn useless at the end of the day since the trigger pull is the main factor in rate of fire. Takes so long with the M1917 that by the time you can physically fire again you have an accurate shot on target.

Upvote 0
The Stoner 63 more or less wasn't used. It was too expensive to make and took a lot of upkeep in the field. As a shooter it apparently was alright. But as something you want to carry around with you all the time people would rather have an M60 or M16. There were Rifle and Short barrelled versions as well. The LMG version was the only one that was actually adopted after field testing. And that only lasted about 2 years before it was removed from service.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2306749 said:
The M1917 is already the most accurate pistol in the game, more so than the TT-33 which used to be the most accurate. Trigger pull between a .38 and M1917 is going to be negligible which makes recoil pretty damn useless at the end of the day since the trigger pull is the main factor in rate of fire. Takes so long with the M1917 that by the time you can physically fire again you have an accurate shot on target.

Actually, upon very thorough research, a .38 Special has an advantage against .45 ACP. Muzzle velocity for a .38 is 150 fps faster than a .45.
Also, I think you might be on the wrong thread regarding the Stoner 63.

Upvote 0
The only non special operations soldiers that were issued the stoner 63 in combat were marines of L company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, who tested 286 Stoner 63As in Vietnam sometime after October 3rd 1966 ending on May 31st 1967.

Attachments

• photo19309.jpg
    photo19309.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0