• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design More planes static meshes ?

EscAz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
I was wondering if someone could make some specific static meshes of planes, or import already done 3D model in RO.

Here is what i looking for

IL2 : you can find one Here

Yak 3 HERE

PE 8 Here.

If someone know a way to find or make them and know how to remove the propeller and keep only the front, that would be awesome.

(my goal is to make a dogfight above my next map)

there were 2 V1/2 test ing facilities in poland : launchsites Blizna and Leba

those were used after Peernemunde got bombed.

but there are very few pictures of V-bomb facilities, only of ruines.

i was practicing / learning 3dmax (texturing/exporting is tough to grasp for me) and the V1 is a simple object/shape to practice with.
never saw it in games eighter so i thought lets gove it a go.

can always make it a fun map

Ro-VBase has been born:D

Upvote 0
Why is it that the Germans always seem to get two early prewar planes on every ww2 game?:
The Me 109E (Emil) and the Ju 87B (Bertha).

Both these planes are prewar and by the start of Barbarossa they were already replaced by newer Me 109F's, G's, and Ju 87D's. They would not even be second line planes by this point (1941). Another thing is the Germans had alot more aircraft that the Me 109 and the Ju 87. For example the Hs 129, Ju 88, He 111, Fw 200, Fw 190, Ar 232, Ju 290, Fw 189, Me 110, Me 410, and Do 217. The lack of Russian aircraft is also a bit odd.

As you can probably tell I model alot of small plastic aircraft models.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why is it that the Germans always seem to get two early prewar planes on every ww2 game?:
The Me 109E (Emil) and the Ju 87B (Bertha).

Both these planes are prewar and by the start of Barbarossa they were already replaced by newer Me 109F's, G's, and Ju 87D's. They would not even be second line planes by this point (1941). Another thing is the Germans had alot more aircraft that the Me 109 and the Ju 87. For example the Hs 129, Ju 88, He 111, Fw 200, Fw 190, Ar 232, Ju 290, Fw 189, Me 110, Me 410, and Do 217. The lack of Russian aircraft is also a bit odd.

The Bf 109 in RO is an F model, not an E.

As for your second paragraph, many of your claims are off the mark. Units like JG 52, JG 77, and JG 27 were all equipped with E-series 109s in the East in 1941. The first ground attack units in the Luftwaffe used in the east were 109 Es. Once the E was phased out of service, they were sold to countries like Romania and Slovakia, which used them in the east well into 1942. The Bf 109 G was a 1942 plane; the G-2, the most common of the early models in the east, gradually replaced the F from 1942 onwards.

The Ju 87 B (and R, for that matter) was certainly used in the East during Barbarossa. It wasn't until 1942 that the much-improved D model began to find its way into comabt units.

Other than that, yes, it is odd we have no static Soviet aircraft. My two choices would be the Il-2, the Yak-9, and the Pe-2. The Pe-8 was too rare to be considered a main front line aircraft.

Upvote 0
The Bf 109 in RO is an F model, not an E.
My mistake. It is an F but with a common E paint scheme.

Luke FEF said:
Units like JG 52, JG 77, and JG 27 were all equipped with E-series 109s in the East in 1941. The first ground attack units in the Luftwaffe used in the east were 109 Es.

Most of the Jagdstaffen not participating in Operation Marita, the Balkans campaign, had, meanwhile, begun conversion to the Bf 109F in preparation for Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union, launched on June 22, 1941, and when this event took place almost two-thirds of the participating Jagdgruppen had converted or partly converted to the Bf 109F from the Bf 109E.

The real point is that on certain late war maps (Rakowice, January 1945 Odessa, April 1944....) you still see wreckage of early 109F's and 87B's instead of later 109G/K's and 87D/G's and/or other German planes and Soviet airforce wreckage seems to be nonexistant.

Upvote 0
I would very much like to see a model of the biplane that the Russians used to drop supplies in Stalingrad. The one the Germans referred to as the 'Sewing Machine', The Polikarpov-2

011%20Polikarpov%20PO2.jpg

I like the idea of having one hovering over a night map, periodically switching off its engine and dropping light bombs or ammo crates.

Any modeller who feels so inclined can find plans here: http://plans.rcmodell.hu/popo2.jpg

Interesting facts about dogfights between FW190 and Po2 here: http://ourworlds.topcities.com/blackhawk/fanfiction/ex-po2-vs-fw190d.html

Upvote 0