• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More ideas.

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
First thing's first, quoting Yoshiro,
We are also thinking of ways to promote the creation of said content, but do not have anything to say on this yet.

We don't know if TWI have any promotion ideas, as of yet, but I figured a few suggestions from us can't possibly be a bad thing. This isn't so much a thread about my ideas, as a thread about all our ideas.

From me, I wouldn't mind seeing another competition, for either modding or for fan-made skins. Obvious problem with this would be a prize of some sorts, as any modders outside of these forums wont be too inclined to create content if they get nothing out of it. Simply adding their content to KF might not be enough for them to want to make anything. Simply put, prizes and sponsers are the issue.

Any other ideas to promote new content?

Okay.

So what was your idea again?

My main idea is to not include it.

I think it would cause an uproar amongst some people because they cannot get a certain KF character pack because they can't produce high-quality content for a game.

Any random old prize may do. Hell, there was a hefty cash prize for the mapping contest, so why not one of those again?

Better yet, instead of a contest, why not include stuff simply because it's good and actually been made? And maybe TWI can throw a bit o' cash in the direction of the maker? (not loads of course, just something you'd expect to pay for a high-quality model on turbosquid.)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if a small company like TWI can sustain blowing loads a money into this.
Or, for that matter, if they would be willing to do this.
A non-financial encouragement is probably more realistic.

If they'd go with it anyway, I'd have no complaints though.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
Hell, there was a hefty cash prize for the mapping contest, so why not one of those again?
He's got a point though
if killing floor had another contest that had a grand prize of money like the mapping contest would that not bring some attention back onto the game?

I think the community needs to ban together again, revive Killing Floor Weapons Development Team and combine our efforts to produce quality work for the sake of possibly restoring killing floor to its more popular state
more popular>more sales
More sales>happy TW ;]

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
I like the unique skin as a prize idea. Have a character wearing some kind of TWI sponsor outfit :cool:

Any random old prize may do. Hell, there was a hefty cash prize for the mapping contest, so why not one of those again?
Because that would cost them a hefty amount of cash. I wouldn't say no to the idea, but since it's TWI's money, they might.

I too think a competition with prizes would attract plenty players to this game. It worked well for mapping, though I guess maps are one of the more commonly made pieces of custom content. Skins would be next.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the community needs to ban together again, revive Killing Floor Weapons Development Team and combine our efforts to produce quality work for the sake of possibly restoring killing floor

Ehhh.......

I liked what the whole thing was for, but we had so many conflicting opinions and ideas and it was led by a 13-year-old who makes viruses in his spare time.

All I wanted was to make a shotgun! D:

But if the team was smaller and a lot more organised, I'd be happy to start again.

Upvote 0
I think the community needs to ban together again, revive Killing Floor Weapons Development Team and combine our efforts to produce quality work for the sake of possibly restoring killing floor to its more popular state
Oh but we don't need a group for that.
We have a metric crapton of weapon models already but only like 3 people who know how to get them into the game out of which only 1 actually finished the job.
KFWDT changed nothing about that, it only lead to more weapon models that remain unused (hello mac 10).

Upvote 0