• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

• Yes

Votes: 658 95.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 4.9%

• Total voters
I voted no. I want bug fixes and additional content from TWI - such as the SDK.

Let the modding community do this one.

Thing is as soon as people start modding aspects they don't like, the sooner the game will be butchered by hundreds of differently configured servers. Which will mean you have to DL a mod each time you join a server and have no consistency for the playerbase. It will fragment the community into small sections and thats not a good environment for a community to grow.

If the community has to be split, then it should be done by a high quality separate game mode that's endorsed by the devs. Player's shouldn't be forced to use mods for something so many want from the game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thing is as soon as people start modding aspects they don't like, the sooner the game will be butchered by hundreds of differently configured servers. Which will mean you have to DL a mod each time you join a server and have no consistency for the playerbase. It will fragment the community into small sections and thats not a good environment for a community to grow.

If the community has to be split, then it should be done by a high quality separate game mode that's endorsed by the devs. Player's shouldn't be forced to use mods for something so many want from the game

This.

Upvote 0
I guess the designers forgot about players that want "realism"....

TBH I don't think its just "realism" players that want this. I mean I'm mostly interested in realism when its good for gameplay and often I wouldn't put myself on the side of realism players. But we can't have too many different game modes..if I had to choose I would go with Realism mode + tweaks, eventhough I prefer some bits on Relaxed Realism. I'm still into realism, but not always to the extent of some. I want a realistic feel with difficult gameplay with long term appeal

I want more Ostfront style gameplay with bolts being used more and smg's/semi's being harder to use than now. And I want some authentic feeling to the fights. If I didn't know about the rarity of Mkb's I probably wouldn't mind except for balance reasons.

There could still be SMG/Semi style maps (as well as bolt style), but with the game mechanics how they are they don't make for good gameplay imo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP read my mind. Aside from just generally being awesome, this would seriously help clean up the balance issues that, if left alone, are going to kill the community almost as fast as the bugs.

Someone else read my mind. If you want an example of how the 'let people fix MP with mods' theory fails miserably, check out Arma2. Fantastic game, but pub multiplayer is practically non-existent.

Upvote 0
TBH I don't think its just "realism" players that want this. I mean I'm mostly interested in realism when its good for gameplay and often I wouldn't put myself on the side of realism players. But we can't have too many different game modes..if I had to choose I would go with Realism mode + tweaks, eventhough I prefer some bits on Relaxed Realism. I'm still into realism, but not always to the extent of some. I want a realistic feel with difficult gameplay with long term appeal

I agree completely. TW seems so afraid people will hate the game if there is a challenge to the gameplay but really it will hook more people then it will turn off. There is really no rewarding feeling to actually getting kills anymore.

Upvote 0
i would want the historical realism mode to COMPLETELY do away with anachronistic weapons such as the mkb42, mp40/II, etc...

That WOULD be awesome, but doesnt seem very likely to happen tbh.
Unless they really want to make this concession, i think further limiting the prototype weapons etc is all we are going to get, if we even get that.
But here's hoping.

Upvote 0