• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Crawlers?

I noticed this yesterday when I was playing Bedlam on hard (trying for the achievement...) ad lvl 5 medic. I was the last one alive on wave 10 and all I had was 9MM ammo left (like 2 clips...) and there were 15 specimens left... Turn a corner. Nothing there, hear sounds behind me, turn around.... about 8-10 crawlers who promptly rape away my remaining health fasrer than I could kill them. Not fun.

Upvote 0
I noticed this yesterday when I was playing Bedlam on hard (trying for the achievement...) ad lvl 5 medic. I was the last one alive on wave 10 and all I had was 9MM ammo left (like 2 clips...) and there were 15 specimens left... Turn a corner. Nothing there, hear sounds behind me, turn around.... about 8-10 crawlers who promptly rape away my remaining health fasrer than I could kill them. Not fun.
Haha, sounds fun :D

Upvote 0
First time i played on HillBilly Horror, i died from crawlers. I was thinking the same thing. I think of these Crawlers as Shades cause their hopping mad, a scrake, or anything can come and get me...but...no, died from crawlers (A Lot of them, just raping my body).
And cause Uncle Pervis (Crawler) is only a guy with his upper body, it gives me the idea that he is fast as hell to make up for losing his legs.

Plus, HBH has some awful zed spawn points.

Upvote 0
It seems like after each update, there is an issue with zeds spawning. I remember when the hellride map was released, scrakes would not spawn, and gorefasts were spawning like weeds. Now it appears that crawlers spawn like crazy. Now, my thinking for this is because we all know that the zerk's counters, are between a long distanced husk and a swarm of crawlers. So, maybe the crawlers spawning in larger numbers, is an attempt to make life for the kiting beserker, harder.

I don't always kite maps, but when I do, I make sure to either perfect my timing in swinging at crawlers, or I bring a handcanon with me.

Upvote 0
29597495.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Hmm. It does seem that there are more crawlers. Was playing on one of those servers with the monster kill counter mutator. Launched a random nade from my M32 into a corridor--Biotics Lab--and got a kill message for eight Crawlers.

Upvote 0