• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Moar Frames

xmrmeow

Grizzled Veteran
  • Mar 23, 2015
    I couldn't help but notice when I turned some setting down and of course v sync off and variable framerate on, that my game stays at pretty much constant 150 frames. Is there any way to remove/raise this 150 frame limit? Need moar frames!

Pretty much this.

( I mean you -CAN-, it's in KFEngine.ini:
    bSmoothFrameRate=FALSE (or TRUE, I forget which)
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=### (I beleive you want this set to your monitor refresh rate)
    )
    But, like, why. Honestly if you stay at around 150, it's probably because that's as fast as your stuff can make it go. It's only on a limiter if it absolutely no matter what does not go up past 150, ever.

Upvote 0
    Personally I see no more frames needed past 125. Most games are made to work around 60 FPS but I noticed depending on your graphics options, it can have a small delay that some people notice (I am one). I like to run my games at a solid 120-125 as this seems to be perfect when it comes to having so much going on around your screen. If you're hitting a constant 150, sweet! Personally, don't ask for more as with all the technology nowadays and how much we can actually see, there is no need at all. The point of FPS is just to make the screen smoother, not to show more.

Upvote 0
    I have a 970 with everything on highest except everything relating to lighting cause it kills frames. Lol guess I don't really need more than 150, I just know I get like 300 on csgo and it looks crazy smooth. It's hard to notice above 100 unless you get used to it for a while. Like if I'm playing at 100 and I get a new card so I get 300, it won't look very different at first, but if I play on 300 for a while then go back it'll look kinda choppy.

I'm just kinda surprised I can stay at a stable 150 on this game; with everything at max 1080p I get like stable 90 frames usually but with lighting effects like bloom, reflections, etc, turned off/down to low, I barely notice a difference in looks but I get 150 frames :) Good for advice for anyone with a 144hz monitor.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    yes, it's probably not going any higher because your hardware is not capable of more.
    if you wanted your experience to feel smoother though, you'd probably be better served by artificially capping it to 120 or something you can achieve the majority of the time. it will feel smoother.

if you're allowing temperatures to be automatically managed, capping to a more consistent number would also reduce heat generation, and therefore system noise.

besides, ofcourse you can have silly high (useless at that point) numbers in Counter Strike - it's made to run on Potatoes, very, very little visuals wise to make sure that even people with 10 year old computers could still play competitively.

Upvote 0