• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mkb42(H) damage increase plz

aw i just uninstalled the SDK a few days ago :mad: . and there is a 900mb update to RO2 today. What is it?

Maybe they fixed the map roles bug (30 assault slots etc)

Erm... Yes it will ! It will bring about the true fans infact, and not the millions of casual gamers who will play the game for but a few weeks and uninstall it from their harddrives never to return.

Why ? Because there PLENTY of games (esp. shooters) out there offering perfect symmetrical balance, so taking on that audience will only result in failure as TWI will have lost that battle beforehand.

No, the attraction of this game should be its' realism and asymmetrical balance, bringing about more mature players and inspiring more creative teamplay tactics. Furthermore these are the type of games which last the longest, without the need for a new title every year.

What is the MKB balanced against? I don't recall there being a Russian assault rifle in game. You could try and compare it to the AVT but it's like comparing a Jag to a LandRover (The 1980's models <3 ).

Upvote 0
What is the MKB balanced against? I don't recall there being a Russian assault rifle in game. You could try and compare it to the AVT but it's like comparing a Jag to a LandRover (The 1980's models <3 ).

That's the problem, in reality the Mkb is in a league of its own, yet in this game TWI has tried to balance it with other weapons.

Instead they should keep the weapons realistic and use other methods to balance things out ingame, such as spawning areas & reinforcement numbers.

People look to these sort of games for a realistic and immersive experience, and so artificially balancing the weapons is not only going to destroy the realism but therefore also the immersion.

That coupled with the wholly ridiculous tank combat with odd penetration physics and a mouse controlled turret is what drove me to abandon this game.

Upvote 0
But in pure gameplay terms, what difference does it make? You're using a full-auto weapon that kills on the first hit half the time anyway.

Obviously the argument goes both ways, I wouldn't mind if they did do it, but it's not the end of the world is it?

No it's not, but combined with the rest of the issues it just becomes overwhelming in the end.

I really do miss the old days of large maps and more realistic combined arms combat, and I'm really longing for a graphically improved sequel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't really think it should do more damage.
How much does it do 70?
That seems alright, dunno why it needs to do more.

It does 70 yes, whilst a pistol round does 50 and a rifle round does 115.

Seeing as the 7.92x33 Kurz was four times as powerful as any of the pistol rounds, it should do atleast 80-90 damage compared to the 50 of the pistol rounds.

But I have come to realize now that I'm pretty much wasting my time with this seeing as TWI already decided against realistic ballistics from the get go, as you can read in this thread, and hasn't even as much as commented on the issue:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92011

Upvote 0
But I have come to realize now that I'm pretty much wasting my time with this seeing as TWI already decided against realistic ballistics from the get go, as you can read in this thread, and hasn't even as much as commented on the issue:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92011

TWI must really hate us if they decided they don't want to make a minute change that wouldn't affect gameplay at all, if only to make a powerful weapon even more powerful in purely theoretical terms. It's all part of their scheme to draw in the Call of Duty scrubs and become millionaires. Come on, there are far more legitimate things to complain about in this game, let's focus on them.

Upvote 0
It does 70 yes, whilst a pistol round does 50 and a rifle round does 115.

Seeing as the 7.92x33 Kurz was four times as powerful as any of the pistol rounds, it should do atleast 80-90 damage compared to the 50 of the pistol rounds.

I see what you're saying, though muzzle energy isn't exactly representative of stopping power. It best represents range.
Although I'm not sure that the suggestion would actually show any visible change. Does anyone know how much HP the different segments of the player's body have?
I have the SDK so I can know the bullet damage, but I don't know how much damage someone can take so it doesn't mean much.
Does anyone have those values or know where to find them? I am really curious about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They're listed in ROPawn on line 16849. The chance of hitting two zones is already pretty high that 70 damage is enough for a semi-decent amount of one shot kills.

Code:
PlayerHitZones[0]=(ZoneName="Head",BoneName=CHR_Head,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[1]=(ZoneName="NECK",BoneName=CHR_Neck,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[2]=(ZoneName="Chest",BoneName=CHR_Spine4,HitZoneType=HZT_Lethal,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[3]=(ZoneName="HEART",BoneName=CHR_Spine4,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[4]=(ZoneName="STOMACH",BoneName=CHR_Spine2,HitZoneType=HZT_Lethal,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[5]=(ZoneName="Abdomen",BoneName=CHR_Pelvis,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[6]=(ZoneName="RUPPERARM",BoneName=CHR_RArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=25)
PlayerHitZones[7]=(ZoneName="RUPPERARMCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_RArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[8]=(ZoneName="RFOREARM",BoneName=CHR_RArmForeArm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=10)
PlayerHitZones[9]=(ZoneName="RHAND",BoneName=CHR_RArmPalm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[10]=(ZoneName="LUPPERARM",BoneName=CHR_LArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=25)
PlayerHitZones[11]=(ZoneName="LUPPERARMCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_LArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[12]=(ZoneName="LFOREARM",BoneName=CHR_LArmForeArm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=10)
PlayerHitZones[13]=(ZoneName="LHAND",BoneName=CHR_LArmPalm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[14]=(ZoneName="RTHIGH",BoneName=CHR_RThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=35)
PlayerHitZones[15]=(ZoneName="RTHIGHCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_RThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[16]=(ZoneName="RCALF",BoneName=CHR_RCalf,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=20)
PlayerHitZones[17]=(ZoneName="RFOOT",BoneName=CHR_RAnkle,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[18]=(ZoneName="LTHIGH",BoneName=CHR_LThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=35)
PlayerHitZones[19]=(ZoneName="LTHIGHCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_LThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[20]=(ZoneName="LCALF",BoneName=CHR_LCalf,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=20)
PlayerHitZones[21]=(ZoneName="LFOOT",BoneName=CHR_LAnkle,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[22]=(ZoneName="SEXORGAN",BoneName=CHR_Pelvis,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)

I could try to explain what most of it means but it'd take me a while. :p

Upvote 0
They're listed in ROPawn on line 16849. The chance of hitting two zones is already pretty high that 70 damage is enough for a semi-decent amount of one shot kills.

Code:
PlayerHitZones[0]=(ZoneName="Head",BoneName=CHR_Head,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[1]=(ZoneName="NECK",BoneName=CHR_Neck,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[2]=(ZoneName="Chest",BoneName=CHR_Spine4,HitZoneType=HZT_Lethal,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[3]=(ZoneName="HEART",BoneName=CHR_Spine4,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[4]=(ZoneName="STOMACH",BoneName=CHR_Spine2,HitZoneType=HZT_Lethal,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[5]=(ZoneName="Abdomen",BoneName=CHR_Pelvis,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[6]=(ZoneName="RUPPERARM",BoneName=CHR_RArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=25)
PlayerHitZones[7]=(ZoneName="RUPPERARMCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_RArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[8]=(ZoneName="RFOREARM",BoneName=CHR_RArmForeArm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=10)
PlayerHitZones[9]=(ZoneName="RHAND",BoneName=CHR_RArmPalm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[10]=(ZoneName="LUPPERARM",BoneName=CHR_LArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=25)
PlayerHitZones[11]=(ZoneName="LUPPERARMCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_LArmUpper,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[12]=(ZoneName="LFOREARM",BoneName=CHR_LArmForeArm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=10)
PlayerHitZones[13]=(ZoneName="LHAND",BoneName=CHR_LArmPalm,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[14]=(ZoneName="RTHIGH",BoneName=CHR_RThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=35)
PlayerHitZones[15]=(ZoneName="RTHIGHCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_RThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[16]=(ZoneName="RCALF",BoneName=CHR_RCalf,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=20)
PlayerHitZones[17]=(ZoneName="RFOOT",BoneName=CHR_RAnkle,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[18]=(ZoneName="LTHIGH",BoneName=CHR_LThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=35)
PlayerHitZones[19]=(ZoneName="LTHIGHCRITICAL",BoneName=CHR_LThigh,HitZoneType=HZT_Critical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
PlayerHitZones[20]=(ZoneName="LCALF",BoneName=CHR_LCalf,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=20)
PlayerHitZones[21]=(ZoneName="LFOOT",BoneName=CHR_LAnkle,HitZoneType=HZT_NonCritical,bBandageAble=true,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=5)
PlayerHitZones[22]=(ZoneName="SEXORGAN",BoneName=CHR_Pelvis,HitZoneType=HZT_InstantDeath,bBandageAble=false,bBleeding=false,ZoneHealth=100)
<:eek:
Why couldn't you just tell me? :(

I mean, i think I get some of it with the instant death and bleeding and such, it's just that these list are so looong it's hard to read them.
. . .
Left foot has 5 HP
Is a foot shot always fatal??? 0_o

Yeah wait minute; the extremeties have less HP than areas of the torso? How does that work? Wouldn't that make getting shot in the leg worse than getting shot in the stomach? I am so confused.

OOOHOOHOHOH. Or is the HP value how much HP you lose when it is hit? :eek:
wait
Then why would the guns have different damage values. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's more relating to how bleeding works I think. When you shoot someone, half the damage is applied straight away to the player as a whole as well as the limb. The limb can then bleed the rest of the damage up until it's own "health" runs out. Areas that don't bleed apply the damage straight away with certain modifiers for damage etc.

So if you shoot someones hand with the MKB, it does 35 damage to the player, and 35 damage to the hand, but since the hand only has 5 health, the rest of the damage is applied straight to the player. This is without taking into account the damage modifiers for areas, I can't seem to find precise values for them.

Well that's how I guess it works. Don't quote me for absolute truth. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's more relating to how bleeding works I think. When you shoot someone, half the damage is applied straight away to the player as a whole as well as the limb. The limb can then bleed the rest of the damage up until it's own "health" runs out.
So the limb only bleeds for the total damage of the bullet?
So if the limb runs out of HP the bleeding starts bleeding the player's hp?
Or can it only bleed it's max HP? That would explain why vital things have 100HP so that way they can bleed the player dry where a leg would only bleed 20 HP then stop.
But then what if-
*dies

Upvote 0
TWI must really hate us if they decided they don't want to make a minute change that wouldn't affect gameplay at all, if only to make a powerful weapon even more powerful in purely theoretical terms. It's all part of their scheme to draw in the Call of Duty scrubs and become millionaires. Come on, there are far more legitimate things to complain about in this game, let's focus on them.

If you read the thread you'll see that I'm all about making things correspond as best as possible with reality (within reason ofc.) and have no intentions of making any weapon anymore effective/powerful than it is in reality. Hence why I for example am also suggesting lowering the 7.92x33 Kurz's ballistic coefficient significantly (i.e. increasing loss of velocity over distance and therefore bullet drop), to make the weapon correspond better with reality in this area as-well. R

It's mind baffling why TWI choose to use such ridiculous figures for the ballistic coefficients of various rounds ingame. They basically only got ONE close to the right real life value, and that was the 30.06 M2 round. The rest I've got no clue how they obtained, but they sure as heck aren't the real life BC's for the rounds used by the weapons featured ingame.

Reducing the recoil of various weapons such as the Mkb42 & PPSh41 is another step TWI needs to take if they want a game that even remotely resembles reality, as right now the BAR full auto has less recoil than the Mkb42(H). How does that work ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0