Missing in game static meshes?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
So got this strange issue, on my map, i can see the American trucks easily, but for some reason, other people, who do have RS as well, can't see the truck...

Same goes for the Town Hall Podium from the Spartanovka map, , a Iwo Jima map based Japanese bunker, that for some reason always keeps it LOD low. Called S_ENV_IwoJima_Bunker_Destr02.it's also missing, i have no idea why this is happening, they are showing on my end, and also for some people. Could this perhaps be that i did not fully load all my packages or something when i started to brew?

Last edited:

Catalavos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
TWrecks had a post somewhere in here the other day and it said that the RS assets don't import cleanly into a RO2 map but the RO assets work just fine in a RS map.

This is the gist of it: When you use a RS asset in a RO2 map the mesh will be added to the map but the material gets lost along the way. It looks fine on your end but when played on a server the client doesn't have a material to fill the spot in the RS-based static mesh. To fix this you have to make a new material in your map package. Make a copy of the original material (you can open the material in the content browser and just copy/paste the whole thing into your new material). This gives the static mesh a material reference and now it'll show up client side.

I think...

If I weren't half in the bag I'd take the time to find it and link it. My apologies to TWrecks for mangling what he said

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
I think...

If I weren't half in the bag I'd take the time to find it and link it. My apologies to TWrecks for mangling what he said

The only way to deal with the SDK

But yes, to ENSURE that the mesh appears in the map, just save a copy of it to your package, along with its material and use the version in your package on your map.

Here is the link that Catalavos mentioned (near the bottom of the page):
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=103028

Last edited:

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
The thing is, my map IS a Rising Storm map! :confused:

but i'm gonna try copying them into my package to be sure it works anyway, the strange thing is, i made a prefab of the US truck and people also did not see it.

Last edited:

Twrecks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2011
Ventura, California
Make sure your mesh is indeed a static mesh. Should be green in wire frame.

If yellow, it's a ROstaticmeshobstacle.
Red, ROstatocmeshdestructible.
Purple, ROinterpactor.

Above 3 need replication actor to reference them, or included in Kismet sequence for Net play.

-=}WoLvErInE{=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2011
Chi-Town
www.wolvy.net
2 things. Make sure you're loading the full package before using assets from it. And 2 make sure you're using packages from the "Brewed" folder. I had problem in the past using stuff from the cooked folder.

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
I just checked and i am using stuff from Brewed maps not cooked. (There is almost nothing in Cooked anyway.)