• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Wow. So no MG42 would be the most historically accurate thing? That sucks donkey.

No, it would not.

Kinda iffy since the allmighty WIkipedia says that the "linoleum ripper" as the Soviets called it only started production in 1942 and only 17000 units were made in that year alone.

Looks like an MkB clone, in the sense that it COULD have made it to Stalingrad...

Official adoption date of the MG42 was Oct 12, 1943 but various prototypes were sent out beforehand JUST LIKE the MkB.

So lets say that this gun was in Stalingrad just so we can throw in another weapon

After doing some digging I found a website with a bunch of hardcore fanboys which said that this gun actually wasnt in Stalingrad,

[URL="http://www.mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6659"][url]http://www.mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6659[/URL][/URL]

dont take my word for it - just diggin in the web

EDIT: Spelling

It was in Stalingrad. I have seen list of equipment of an unit which was in Stalingrad, and they had MG42s in their inventory. MG42 was there, but it was in very few numbers. Maybe Russ Schulke can once again post that list?

Upvote 0
This is said picture and comment by Russ Schulke

In this case smg stands for schweres (heavy) MG (one fitted on a tripod) and not a sub machine gun, before someone thinks the list states a mkb42 :p.

MG-42 on Stalingrad front line!

Here is part of a strength report from Infantry Regiment 54 (100 J

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like the ratio of LeMG34/LeMG42 is about 10 to 1 and for sMG34/sMG42 is about 5 to 1. This could mean that the MG42 will be a 'hero only' type weapon in the game, which I don't mind as the MG34 should be more than adequate weapon with its high rate of fire, the ease of loading and changing the barrel when compared to both the DP and the Maxim.

Upvote 0
It is still more likely that the MG42 made it to Stalingrad than the Mkb42. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the game for the 'Elite Machinegunner' like Vonreuter mentioned.
Exactly. I don't mind the Mkb42 being in game, but if it is going to be included I would ASSUME that all weapons that we KNOW were in Stalingrad will actually be in the game.

That would be kind of akin to putting in an Me 262 fighter in a flight sim about Normandy but leaving out a P51.

Upvote 0
we should stop calling them "heroes", these elite classes are only veterans or experienced soldiers, no heroes. maybe in propaganda...
its like in "all quiet on the western front" the old man teaching new soldiers how to survive.

Uh then why would the game be called Heroes of Stalingrad if...there are no heroes..? Who the heck changes their name this far in development, anyway?

Upvote 0
we should stop calling them "heroes", these elite classes are only veterans or experienced soldiers, no heroes. maybe in propaganda...
its like in "all quiet on the western front" the old man teaching new soldiers how to survive.

While you may be right, I think the implications of the word 'Heroes' is that of men fighting desperately for the fate of their country in one of the most brutal and infamous battles of all history. It is a bit of a dramatic term. I don't mind it. :D

Upvote 0
While you may be right, I think the implications of the word 'Heroes' is that of men fighting desperately for the fate of their country in one of the most brutal and infamous battles of all history. It is a bit of a dramatic term. I don't mind it. :D

eh it sounds good in a game title if it were up to someone else (not naming names.) game would be called expirenced men of stalingrad or verterens of stalingrad or evil nazis of stalingrad heck i don't know.

also relating to the post above me doh sarcasm almost fell for it. :D

Upvote 0