• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Discussion Thread - Possible spoilers

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
Yeah alright, so I don't have a PS3, but I've been a fan of Metal Gear for years now. It's almost a little gut wrenching to see tons of these new videos for the game that I won't be able to play for quite some time now. But going on...

There are a number of new videos out there today thanks to a wrap party that was held for MGS4 yesterday.

We all love game footage, right? Good.

http://www.csnation.net/viewnews.php/9549/ - Five new videos, three of them being ad-campaign shorts, with the first and the last videos being your best bet for seeing game footage.

I know some of you are already with pre-orders and have participated in the MGO beta. But who else is looking forward to this? It's right up there with GTAIV in my book for anticipation and like I said, I can't even play it yet.

getting it friday

so you picked up the ps3 mgs4 LE pack?
Yeah, my fiancee and I did. We went to Wal-Mart at about 11:30ish. I talked to someone in the electronics section and he gave me a number. I was given #2 out of 4. Come midnight, it was just us and the #1 guy in line that picked them up. Nobody else came to get in line so there were still two bundles left when we walked out.

At about 3AM we head to another Wal-Mart in town so my fiancee can pick up a copy of Devil May Cry 4 with the $100 gift card that Wal-Mart was giving away with a PS3 purchase. We see an older worker there that we saw the night before (he tried to sell us a PS3 bundle the night before when we were there, but was unfortunately blocked by the computer system. I felt pretty bad because he went way out of his way to help me then).

Anyway, the guy helps us, and sees if we're still interested in a bundle since they still had one in stock (out of two they were shipped). We had to turn that one down though.

Upvote 0
ITS AWESOME!!!! I was playing it for about 5 hours straight..... Took me about an hour just to get used to the new controlls and get the movement fluid.... Amazing detail, story, music, characters..... MGS4 has it all!! I bought the Limited Edition, but I wont watch the DVD until I beat the game however I was looking thru the art book, and from watching all the trailers from all of the different game cons, my guess' were correct...

Big Momma is indeed Eva, and the new group of bad guys are just like the Cobra unit... Laughing Octopus, Screaming Mantis, Crying Wolf, and Raging Raven...

And if you look closely at Screaming Mantis he resembles a puppeteer... And his 2 puppets are Psycho Mantis and The Sorrow :D Thats awesome!

Upvote 0
ITS AWESOME!!!! I was playing it for about 5 hours straight..... Took me about an hour just to get used to the new controlls and get the movement fluid.... Amazing detail, story, music, characters..... MGS4 has it all!! I bought the Limited Edition, but I wont watch the DVD until I beat the game however I was looking thru the art book, and from watching all the trailers from all of the different game cons, my guess' were correct...

Big Momma is indeed Eva, and the new group of bad guys are just like the Cobra unit... Laughing Octopus, Screaming Mantis, Crying Wolf, and Raging Raven...

And if you look closely at Screaming Mantis he resembles a puppeteer... And his 2 puppets are Psycho Mantis and The Sorrow :D Thats awesome!

I thought the new group of bad guys were all female ? Laughing Octopus, Screaming Mantis, Crying Wolf and Raging Raven ring some bells. In MGS there were also a bunch of similar character bosses with animal names - Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, Decoy Octopus and Vulcan Raven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best feature of the game.

SOUTHAMERICACOVEVALLEYVILLAGE.jpg

SOUTHAMERICACOVEVALLEYVILLAGE_1.jpg

SOUTHAMERICACOVEVALLEYVILLAGE_2.jpg

SOUTHAMERICACOVEVALLEYVILLAGE_3.jpg

Upvote 0