• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

melee change

melee change

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Nlzzz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 18, 2014
NOR
I would like a change to the stop function in the melee attack, where releasing the melee makes you physically stop and stab. It is not good for the brave banzaiii charger, exspecially if you miss,its a very slow recharge.mabe you could recharge faster. What do you think?

edit edit

Last edited:
I think he means, when you press the "middle mouse button" or whatever button it was the character cancels the "melee mode"

And it will be a major....imperfection because i am getting Tked far too often by those banzai chargers who release their bayo right into my back instead of simply cancel the melee mode.

Upvote 0
I think he means, when you press the "middle mouse button" or whatever button it was the character cancels the "melee mode"

And it will be a major....imperfection because i am getting Tked far too often by those banzai chargers who release their bayo right into my back instead of simply cancel the melee mode.

No, he doesn't like how a full melee attack forces your avatar to lunge and stand still... and i agree. I hate when I go for the kill, swing and miss, and stand still only to get shot because i couldn't do anything but watch as my avatar is "frozen".

Right click of your mouse cancel a banzai charge ;)

He's not refering to canceling a melee attack.

Upvote 0
Ultimately, it was your action that caused your dude to stop and stab. You told him to do it.

You could have canceled the melee with right click while it was charged up.

So whats the problem? If you don't want to stop and stab, then don't release the middle mouse button before cancelling.

And I do think executing a melee attack should stop you momentarily. It's a lot of effort.

Melee should be improved, but not this way. So I voted no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is this game makes you lunge/stop when you go for a melee attack. It would be nice to have the option to run and go for a melee fight without having to lunge/stop unless the bayo/weapon makes contact with the enemy ( even then, it'd be nice to be able to keep moving to a certain degree). So that is my problem with the system. The system to me is very anticlamatic as is right now. Ro1's melee system more or less, is what I'd like to see.

As long as you are not actually Sprinting, you can avoid the "Lunge".

Yes, but most of the time you are going face to face with the enemy and slow walking isn't an option, unless of course you want to die!

I'd like to see the system worked on again. I know at one point they did more work on it after the original release. I think it could use more work to make the system a more fluid and enjoyable game experience. I know ro1's system was difficult (it took a certain amount of skill to use) because of server side hit detection and one point of impact. RO2's system is a better in the first point, server side hit detection, but a little wacky on the second. It improved on R01's point of thrust of the bayo to include more forward hit detection but added a weird side to side hit detection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SOLUTION NUMBER ONE
Activating "the stab" doesn't stop you. Dealing damage with it does.

SOLUTION NUMBER TWO
"Charge" with a bayo works like horse charge in M&B now - you don't have to release anything, the damage does itself if you run into someone with bayo ready.

SOLUTION NUMBER THREE
Addition to point number one, if you miss your stab you can press melee during the animation to make a wider "slash" in hope of getting the enemy.

HARSH TRUTH
Tripwire won't do a damn thing about this or any other idea.

Upvote 0
Well why should they? It's silly. You can't run and stab and if you don't hit anything, it's like you never stabbed... the stab takes effort. The stab changes your balance. It's just physics. Nor just run into someone with a bayo out, that's just not how bayonet melee combat works in real life, it's not how soldiers are trained. A bayonet charge is not a joust. It's a run and stab and if necessary stab some more. Not run and stab and keep running.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe you can show us videos of soldiers doing what you want to see here? The bayonet joust, or the bayonet slash-during-sprint, or whatever.

Upvote 0